Gearing

jaddict

Dec 18, 2011
NORTHWEST INDIANA
Searched a little , could not find what I was looking for. If I were to go up one tooth size in back and keep stock front (13 41),would I just gain a little on the top? Any input woould be great?

you'll gain just a hair on the bottom. you would need to drop the tooth on the back to pick up a tiny bit on the top.

1 tooth on the front is equal to about 3 on the rear going the opposite direction.

ex:

14/40 is very similar to 13/37 gearing.

conversely:

12/40 gearing would be like 13/43 gearing

it'll last several times longer than the standard o-ring chain will. the only trade off is that it takes just a touch more power to spin it

Don't forget tire size also plays a big roll in gearing, so if your planning on new tires anytime soon you may want to put that into account for your gearing.

i found this chart when i was having issues, it helped me pick a good set-up. hope its big enough to read lol.

Attachments

• Sprocket-Ration-Chart.jpg
    Sprocket-Ration-Chart.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 179
if you click on it, it'll make it bigger.

to put up a big picture in your post, you need to host to tinypic, photobucket, or similar, and then use the IMG code from those sites

That is a great chart. I definetly don't want to go with a 13/ 41 setup, can't keep front end down now. I just purchased some holeshots 20x11x8. Was looking to gain a little on the top end, but not loose to much on lower end. It's kind of a catch 22, I guess. What setup would be good for that?