gaskets.... do you NEED to replace them?

If u like leaks and other assorted problems, then re use the old ones.
You have a machine that cost thousands of dollars. You spend probably a thousand on gear, 10$ a qt of oil and your gonna cheap out on gaskets? Not smart.
Once gaskets are compressed, they won't seal proper again

i have only ever reused a clutch cover gasket, but that because i put the cover on the new one, something wasn't right so i had to take it off and adjust something in there.
you want to replace all gaskets for the jug.

i have only ever reused a clutch cover gasket, but that because i put the cover on the new one, something wasn't right so i had to take it off and adjust something in there.
you want to replace all gaskets for the jug.

agreed.

i have re used a gasket in a pinch, trying to get something running,
but was replaced as soon as possible

its just not good practice

and stick with the yamaha brand gaskets and seals, they are the best quality i know of

re using gaskets is never a good idea. its just like acid explained, thousands into a maching then to cheap out on gaskets risking a major problem is not smart

If you have access to a punch set, cutting board, box cutter, and a lot of patience you can cut your own base gasket if that's all you need to put your engine back together. Most auto parts stores sell gasket material you can cut on your own. The concern is thickness because the timing chain tension is maintained by deck height on a 4 stroke with an overhead camshaft. As long as the material thickness is comparable (within a few thousands) you should be good to go. A reputable auto parts store will have an assortment.

A K&S or namura gasket set (typically what you get off of Ebay) would work as well. Aftermarket gasket kits usually include paper versions. On most 4 stroke motorcycle style engines, the base gasket is a paper gasket anyway. Unlike a 2 stroke, the base gasket doesn't have to seal the fuel mixture, only the crankcase pressures and oil seepage.

Just curious if you guys could recommend a good and affordable kit that includes a base gasket. My motor is spitting oil out the side all over the tranny cover. Also, how difficult is it to swap out the gaskets and what will I need to get the job done?

good rule of thumb -----------------> You get up in the morning to take a shower. You take what clothes you have on....OFF. Do you put the same dirty clothes right back on ? If so, then go ahead and re-use that old gasket, it probably wont make a difference.

Is this on the Raptor in the pic? If it is I wouldn't chance it. Now if I were hackin together an old warrior or it wasn't available then yes. Would seem you woul have gotten a top end kit to begin with. JMHO, your results may and will vary. I:I

If u like leaks and other assorted problems, then re use the old ones.
You have a machine that cost thousands of dollars. You spend probably a thousand on gear, 10$ a qt of oil and your gonna cheap out on gaskets? Not smart.
Once gaskets are compressed, they won't seal proper again

Is that lakehurst!!!! I didn't know any one gasket on the blaster was $50... you can get the kit with every gasket for $50...