Gasket making

wompmonster

Apr 26, 2012
I have been researching to make my own gaskets. I wanted to make a discussion about it. I have made oil injection gasket for block off plates and reed gaskets. I want to start making every soft gasket i can (blaster or not). What ideas do you have?

use the best gasket material you can find, felpro and mr. gasket come to mind ?

do you have a gasket punch set yet ?
http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-hollow-punch-set-3838.html
punch.jpg

and no running with the scissors :)

I'm in the process of making a intake gasket for the blaster. I use Fel-Pro gasket that comes in a roll. I use a white paint marker and quickly follow along the outside and inside edge and around bolt holes of the part and press it on the gasket material, it makes a nice outline, especially if the part is complex. Some squirts of carb cleaner on a tag, and it comes right off.

I will definitely post a vid once i get some gasket stuff going. i did this for my wife for fun.
Screen shot 2014-04-24 at 6.58.19 PM.png

I'm in the process of making a intake gasket for the blaster. I use Fel-Pro gasket that comes in a roll. I use a white paint marker and quickly follow along the outside and inside edge and around bolt holes of the part and press it on the gasket material, it makes a nice outline, especially if the part is complex. Some squirts of carb cleaner on a tag, and it comes right off.

Thats precisely what i have in mind, except use paint and stick it to a blank page and scan it in digital form then cut them.

That laser engraver will do you some good. I've sen gaskets, laser engraved off of CADD drawings, and they work great.

let us know how it works out.