gas

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
Is it just mine or does your blasters eat gas too...keep in mind I have the bore kit

gas hogs !!!!!
i've had to turn for home plenty of times when the 4 pokers kept riding

Is there any way to get better gas life out of the stock tank...and how long does that regular tank last you think?

Best way to get good fuel milage is to leave it stock, i though mine did pretty good, but thats compared to all the dirt bikes ive had, my cr125 i have now is twice as bad as my blaster

How long does a tank last you? Just curious...haven't been on a ride with it yet.

2 gallons last me about 2-3 hours. We tend to take more quick breaks than most i think though. do one rip through the woods, talk a little, then go again

stock gas tank is 2.4 gallons?

WOT is very fuel consuming, lay off the throttle a little, keep it on the needle unless you are going to be smoked.

If you're sure you're not jetted too rich, and can't reduce your main jet, you can always do what I do; get a six-pack rack grab bar and use it to carry a 2.5 gal gas can on the back. Not sure if you can put your tank cover back on with the over-sized tank, but the one for a banshee is ugly as hell and they're outrageously expensive.

Lol, yeah they do EAT gas... especially when modded!
I must carry a extra 10 liter of gas tied to the wheelie bar, just to be able to do the same trip with the 400 4pokers. (And then I still closely monitor usage...)

You could go back to stock???
For every 40% increase in jet size, you have a doubling in flow ( if I remember correctly). So if you had a 200 jet and went up to a 310 jet... thats quite a bit of fuel extra...
Note that that is mainly on WOT.

Speed and power come at a cost.

A tip a Biddleonian gave me was if you fear running out of fuel, ride as fast as you can so you can get there before you run out.

Really one should not complain you can double the power of a Blaster for less than double the cost of fuel.

And you can get a few hundred miles to the gallon with the right chain, and riding behind someone