Gas leaks out of CARB?!

shavezblaster

Sep 23, 2008
philly
just brought my first atv, 99'Yamaha Blaster. Runs good. I came home and for the first time, clean the carb because its hard to start. Find it to be very easy to clean, and the atv started like new, on its first kick start!!(this was at 6:00 pm) came back outside that night 'round 11:00 to help neighbor with car troubles, and atv is still fine, NO LEAKS or anything...Went to work 'round three in the morining, and all the gas was on the ground!!!, coming out bottom of carburetor with the long hose going towards the back of the bike...WHERE DID I GO WRONG!!!! Or is somebody messing with my bike, cuz i had it on the proch while working on it, chained up off course. What can i do to stop the gas from flowing out when i fill it up....For now, i turned the switch right underneath tank off so gas won't flow to carb...CAN ANY BODY PLEASE HELP ME?!!!

Last edited:
If you didnt mess with the float level it could be the float needle not hooked on the float well or dirt in the needle seat.

thanks to all.....finally got it to hold the gas in!!! its weird, but messed with this screw thats suppose to control idle. Kept cutting off at first, but adjusted the screw and runs fine, just gotta find a new pipe....Appreciate it!!

GAS COMING OUT OF A CARB? HOLY CRAP THATS LIKE NOT WHAT THEIR DESIGNED FOR!!!

jokes aside, you float needle might be bent or messed up. or like others said, just needs adjusting.

i had the same freaking thing happen to me today i haven t checked it out to see why it did it i wonder why it did this have you came up with any reason why i just turned the screw a little and it stoppeed very weird let me know if you know any thing that i might need to do where it will not do it again or why it did it in the first place .
thanks jason
pm me

usually gas flowing out if nothing has changed ( ie float heights ) is directly related to the needle valve or dirt in the needle seat as Ox stated above. id start there first...

I have a similiar problem, but gas just drips out of the overflow every so often, theres always a dark spot under it when it has been sitting.