full fmf

hopefully kgibson will chime in ....his boy has been kickin serious ass racing, and he rocks an fmf pipe. if its in good shape and not dented i'd get it

FMF is a great pipe. Most would say it is good but there are better. Truth is a pipe only opens the bike up and complements current/future mods and riding style. If you like good heartly low end thump the fmf is for you. Then you can get your jug ported to match the pipe and riding style. A great blaster with an fmf pipe would have a good port job, redesigned and cut head, some a/f reeds, and a 30 mm carb. This would be the perfect trail bike along with beefed up suspension and brakes.

ken would be a great choice for porting. Also ask him about a redesigned head. Only cost 60 bucks and really opens the bike up. Also tell him your rocking an fmf pipe and he can suggest porting options and other mods.

well i do both i race on mx track and trail ride ken sayed he would port to aggersive trail rideing but would i sitll be able to pratice on the track?

yes agggressive trail port is probably the best all around port job. It still has a usable rpm range. This port would be perfect for mx, flat track, and trail riding. And for the head redesign, you just send the head(the first part that comes off of the engine, above the piston) to ken, and he will work his magic...

well when you send the jug and head to ken to get ported, ask him to look at the cylinder walls and measure the jug. Ask him for his opinion on wear. If the cylinder walls arent scored or damaged badly you can get away with just some rings, but if they are scored then you will have to have him bore the jug and you will need the next size up piston and rings. And if your reasembleing, remember to replace the base and head gaskets. OEM is what i would use but ive heard that cometic gaskets are holding up pretty good.

well when you send the jug and head to ken to get ported, ask him to look at the cylinder walls and measure the jug. Ask him for his opinion on wear. If the cylinder walls arent scored or damaged badly you can get away with just some rings, but if they are scored then you will have to have him bore the jug and you will need the next size up piston and rings. And if your reasembleing, remember to replace the base and head gaskets. OEM is what i would use but ive heard that cometic gaskets are holding up pretty good.

UnCaged has ya covered!!!!
X2 on everything HE said... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im not gonna say you wont need anything, but If the jetting was spot on and there isnt a sh*t ton of hours on the bike, you shouldnt need a piston. Have you taken the jug and piston off the motor yet? If so post some pics for some better info...

ya remove tank. 5 bolts hold the head on. 4 bolts hold the jug on. After getting the jug off, put some rags or paper towels around the crank in the bottom end to keep dirt and the circlips from falling into the bottom end.(been there done that)