Full fmf / turbine core 2 cold weather jetting/ warm

99blasterzach

Sep 21, 2015
So right now my blaster has a stock expensive pipe on it and a older fmf pipe on it ( straight though no sparky in it) and i want to get a full fmf with the turbine core 2. And were i live it gets to aout 100 to a really hot day ( not common) and about 20-30 when i would be riding in the winter. Im not sure what my jetting should be. on fmf it says
Jetting Results

• Main Jet
  • Pilot Jet
  • Needle
  • STOCK
  • Needle Position
  • 3RD
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw
  • Fuel Screw
  • N/A
  • Comments
  • Remove airbox lid snorkel
We have a jetting kit for the selected bike:
FMF POWER UP JET KIT YAMAHA YSF200 BLASTER 88-06
Part #: 011718
$59.99

now would that work for my area of riding? with my weather? i would rather not have to re jet it ever summer/ winter.

Whats your location and altitude? These are big factors to be considered.
Power up jet kits are notorious for have the improper jet(s) in the kit. Save the $60 on the jet kit and purchae individual jets for your application.
The 32.5 pilot, which is stock, is perfect for that pipe.
The stock needles work well to start with (middle position/ middle circlip groove).
Going from winter to summer and back again will require re-jetting. Its easy, and give you a chance to inspect and clean the carb, check/set float height, and also clean the air filter.
Think of this as "forced maintenance".

Be aware the jetting recommendations are 70* F at sea leve, and stock air box/lidl. So for the real hot weather you would go one size smaller 90-100* . For 20-30* you would go 2-3 sizes larger from your perfect baseline jetting.

And were i live it gets to aout 100 to a really hot day ( not common) and about 20-30 when i would be riding in the winter. Im not sure what my jetting should be.
From "perfect" jetting @70* it might not run well @ 100* . This might depend on how much you ride in those temps, at the very least carry a spare plug or two. It will run rich, but you won't burn it down.

• ? i would rather not have to re jet it ever summer/ winter.
  • You CANNOT avoid this !! Cold air has more oxygen in it, and you MUST compensate for it. If you don't you WILL melt your piston !!!
  • IIRC the Mikuni pocket tuner calls for one jet size for every 20* change in temperature. Just a pipe change is less sensitive to temps than a ported/built engine.