Fuel problem

Blasterb0y794

Feb 4, 2008
New York
Well the blaster is up and running. The only problem is, im not getting fuel. She starts when i put gas into the reeds, but doesnt start when the fuel goes to the carb from the gas tank. I turn the gas on, the bowl fills with gas but then the bowl overflows starts trickling out gas. The floats aint stuck but maybe i just have to adjust them :-/
Any help is appreciated. I just cleaned the carb too and all the jets :D Thanks.

Look in your metering valve for something in it. Once found a piece of red gas can plastic stuck in my YZ carb making it do the same thing. A little dirt-crud-varnish ect. will do it too.

Like stated above...clean the jets...it also wont hurt to give the carb a bath with carb cleaner...floats could be out of spec..what carb do you have?

Like stated above...clean the jets...it also wont hurt to give the carb a bath with carb cleaner...floats could be out of spec..what carb do you have?

Regular stock 26mm. I might just buy mea new one. I just cleaned the entire thing again and still nothing. Dumped some 2 stroke down into the carb and wahhhlah it started.

Fuel should'nt run out of overflows. You cleaned everything so the next thing I would check is if the floats are sunk, sometimes they crack and sink. I would think you should be getting gas to motor even if sunk. Does it stay running when you dump gas in it? Give is all the info on carb. I want needle location, jet size, Idle screw adj. and anything else I should know and maybe we can get you going. Yes we can read, dont be an ass.

Fuel should'nt run out of overflows. You cleaned everything so the next thing I would check is if the floats are sunk, sometimes they crack and sink. I would think you should be getting gas to motor even if sunk. Does it stay running when you dump gas in it? Give is all the info on carb. I want needle location, jet size, Idle screw adj. and anything else I should know and maybe we can get you going. Yes we can read, dont be an ass.

Im not being an ass. Im just saying.
Well its not pouring gas anymore. I had to readjust the floats. I looked in the manual to get help and it said to put the floats in water to see if they're good. They floated so they're good. Now would the idle screw adjustment make it so it wouldnt start? Ill check needle location tomorrow. Jet size should be stock but ill triple check, thanks