FUEL PROBLEM

G

gtatransam

I JUST BOUGHT A 1995 BLASTER AND HAVE A PROBLEM. I'M NOT NEW TO THE TWO STROKES I USED TO WORK ON MY OWN DIRT BIKES ALL THE TIME. BUT I AM NEW TO THE OIL INJECTION. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I CAN START THE QUAD IN ONE KICK IT STARTS AND WILL IDLE PERFECT, BUT IF I TRY TO GUVE IT ANY THROTTLE AT ALL IT WILL STALL. ACTS LIKE IT GETS NO FUEL AT ALL. ALITTLE ABOUGHT THE QUAD. I BOUGHT IT FROM AN IDIOT WHO NEW NOTHING ABOUGH QUADS. I PAID $350.00. IT IS MISSING SOME THINGS LIKE THE OIL INJECTION TANK AND LINES. I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS THE INJECTION ELIMINATION KIT. I JUST ORDERED ONE. WHAT DOES THE SWITCH ON THE TOP OF THE CARB DO? SHOULD I DISCONECT IT? I AM MIXING THE FUEL AND OIL MY SELF. ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREAT. IF ANY ONE HAS AN INJECTION BLOCK OFF KIT LET ME KNOE IF YOU HAVE TO DO ANY THING ELSE OTHER THAN JUST REMOVING THE OIL PUMP.

oil injection is easy to remove. but it sounds like a tors problem search the site for the fix

don't want to sound stupid but what the heck is a tors.

thanks i'll try it when i get home. i found the ins, on how to do it. thats amazing that thing is even on the quad to begin with. thats what they made the kill swith for right.

the tors prevents the throttle from sticking open, but that almost never happens and it malfunucions so much

I JUST BOUGHT A 1995 BLASTER AND HAVE A PROBLEM. I'M NOT NEW TO THE TWO STROKES I USED TO WORK ON MY OWN DIRT BIKES ALL THE TIME. BUT I AM NEW TO THE OIL INJECTION. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I CAN START THE QUAD IN ONE KICK IT STARTS AND WILL IDLE PERFECT, BUT IF I TRY TO GUVE IT ANY THROTTLE AT ALL IT WILL STALL. ACTS LIKE IT GETS NO FUEL AT ALL. ALITTLE ABOUGHT THE QUAD. I BOUGHT IT FROM AN IDIOT WHO NEW NOTHING ABOUGH QUADS. I PAID $350.00. IT IS MISSING SOME THINGS LIKE THE OIL INJECTION TANK AND LINES. I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS THE INJECTION ELIMINATION KIT. I JUST ORDERED ONE. WHAT DOES THE SWITCH ON THE TOP OF THE CARB DO? SHOULD I DISCONECT IT? I AM MIXING THE FUEL AND OIL MY SELF. ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREAT. IF ANY ONE HAS AN INJECTION BLOCK OFF KIT LET ME KNOE IF YOU HAVE TO DO ANY THING ELSE OTHER THAN JUST REMOVING THE OIL PUMP.

Are you really yelling at all of us? If not, then just for your information, thats what caps mean.

I had the same problem for about 3months i could nor figure it out
i tried everything except removing the oil injection as i new it was working by the colour of the fuel in the lines

so i took the carb off one day and cleaned it all out (something that should be done periodically anyway) and i found a broken upper reed

as long as you had it running fine at one time and didnt mess with any of the adjustment screws it should still be set
anyway start the O2 mixture at 1 and 1/2 turns out and the idle screw at about 1 turn out and go from there till where it sounds best