Front end play culprit!

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
I must of had too many beers, or having a bad day when I put the upper a-arms on. I forgot to put the steel tube collar on that the long bolt goes through on both sides! Tonight I remembered why, when I got the frame powder coated, I could not fit the assembly into the bracket as the PC took up too much room, I wasn't sanding it off or bending the mounts, I must of just put the bolt through with the plastic spacers (to hold the roller bearings) and forgot to finish it- well that did some damage to the end caps but the holes and the bearings are good (lucked out there)! I had to cut 5mm off each collar to get it to fit correctly, i then sanded and polished the collar so it will roll on the bearings with no resistance. Now there is no play at all! Next job mount the stabilizer!
This build took waaaay to long!

Yes i rode this at Kens two days Hard! could of had a nice crash if they failed! Suprizingly only endcap damage!
Short video
Aarmplay2_zps662ad87e.mp4 video by sliperhead - Photobucket

This pic shows the plastic bushings that piviot works gives you, your suppose to remove them as the collar will not fit with them in place-DUH!
upperarm6_zpsde60ed83.jpg

Couple pics of the damaged end caps-
upperarm1_zps661f9532.jpg

upperarm3_zps093eea51.jpg

Do you have any spare end caps? I've got suspension pivot parts sitting on the shelf you're welcome to.

Glad to hear you figured out the play without finding it after the crash!