From hardball to dirt

pwr6va

Oct 6, 2008
Just thought I would say hello to everyone here. I just recently traded my r6 for a 2000 blaster with a .40 big bore kit (does that sound right), and a rolling frame. I have ridden it a couple of times and love the idea...or feeling of hitting the dirt vs. sliding down the track...it happens. I was surprised at the speed of the bike in its power band, but I hate feeling like I'm on the ass end trying to ride wheelies just in normal riding. I would like to extend the rear swingarm but what legnth is to long for hardcore riding "like you stole it"? Also if you have any knowledge to share on a build from a rolling frame please share. I have very little knowledge in the ATV department...

nah...1999 and it had a flat spot in the top of 4th, and 5th...plus it had major fork seal leak in the right fork...I ran the piss out of that bike. The blaster came with a 1990 pathfinder and trailer. I would call it even, even though I have to get the carbs adjusted cause it won't idle just fowls out the plug.

Yea, welcome man.....First, the big bore kit is a 240 kit meaning 240cc from a 195cc engine....a .40 overbore is just making the cylinder 4 hundredths of the original size bigger...that's what i have....if I were you I would get maybe a +3 or +4 extended swing arm...it would prevent the feeling as if you were gonna wheelie all the time and it would also give the blaster better handling....i was thinking about extending my swing arm +3 after i get a aggressive mx/trail port job from flotek in march...hope that helps bro!

I have a +3 swingarm. It makes a world of difference over stock, but Im thinkin about going longer. I just trail ride with alot of hillclimbs. Going up the hills it doesnt feel like it wants to drive out from under itself. You can still wheelie with no problem it just takes a little more effort.

Thanks ya'll...and the day gets better i just found an 84 kx 250d complete...someone abandoned...this is gonna be interesting...I'm gonna post the project as I go and am open for thoughts and opinions...keep you posted.