Frame spray painting?

Spary painting your frame looks good if done right, but it will chip sooner or later.
pc is the best if you have the money.

heres my spray painted frame.

HPIM1138.jpg

HPIM1161.jpg

Last edited:
man mines spray painted. hows it look? lol.

seriously though, its spray painted and it looks fine, there is a durability issue though. will chip quite easily and if you dont paint it right(drying times and primers and whatever) then it will be even less strong. i spray painted because i change my damn mind to much when its gota be original lol.

My frame is also spray painted. It has been holding up pretty well so far. It won't hold up as well as powder coating but its nice to know if I scratch it up its only gonna be a few bucks for another can of paint.

Im thinking a good primer and a coat ot two of the color then a clearcoat oughta do it for a while. It doesnt have to be perfect. Im really not looking to pay a lot and the $4 per spray can is looking alot better than the $100+ powdercoat.

Powder coat is not invincible tho. Alot of people forget that little fact. A basecoat-clear auto paint job on a frame can, and sometimes will, outlast PC. Spray bombing holds up just fine as long as you use quality paint and proper prep and procedure, ask me how I know this.

mine is spray painted its holding up good and its just a quick job i didnt take it apart completly

Powder coat is not invincible tho. Alot of people forget that little fact. A basecoat-clear auto paint job on a frame can, and sometimes will, outlast PC. Spray bombing holds up just fine as long as you use quality paint and proper prep and procedure, ask me how I know this.

how do you know this lol

Cochise, have you ever got the beans above the frank? :eek:

"I've done it all it seems, lol"

Anyways Powdercoat holds up good, but like said before it's not invincible. I've got a spray bombed frame on my blaster, and a PC'd one on the 400ex, and the blaster frame looks almost as good if not better. Same amount of use, etc. It's all in the prep!I:I

Im painting my quad now....well put the last coat on it yesterday...lol I sand blasterd it all, then 2 coats of primer then hand sanded then another coat of primer then let it sit for 7 days. Then a coat of x metal blue, sit for 7 days then another coat of x metal.. You have to let it sit and cure/dry for as long as the can says. That is important....very...lol

Im painting my quad now....well put the last coat on it yesterday...lol I sand blasterd it all, then 2 coats of primer then hand sanded then another coat of primer then let it sit for 7 days. Then a coat of x metal blue, sit for 7 days then another coat of x metal.. You have to let it sit and cure/dry for as long as the can says. That is important....very...lol

What did you use for primer?

ya go the spray paint if your like me and are adding brakets to the frame to mount r-1 brakes easy to grind off paint, weld on, paint over it with the same paint it looks fine... sand blast, primer, paint, clear coat all done in 2 days and its lasted me 3 years now and its just starting to come off where my jeans rub on it..