found mu buddy a bike $2500 budget...

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
so, my sister inlaw's b/f of like 7yrs (they broke up recently after I agreed to get him a bike) wanted me to find and purchase a bike for him n the 2-2500 range... he wanted manual clutch, he wanted reverse... so with those constraints it's cut out alot of bikes. but since the begining, I figured I'd just pick out something I'd buy for myself (still not easy given the restrictions) about every race bike is out I figure... but decided to look at a few, z400s, a raptor 660, a ltz250 to name a few, a 400ex as well. but none of them really appealed to me (the raptor did a little I must say lol looked just like mine without the rims/tires same color and all)

so I go to my buddies garage/shop as I need a shop to diagnose some stuff to get it warrantied, and I see this clean 08 kfx450r black/white that's in pieces low air in all 4 tires and just in general looks like it's been riden like 8hrs tops. I ask him what's with it, he says it's not running blah blah, I told him tell the owner I want it. go back a week later, then find out I actually know the owner and his car audio shop was across the street, so I head over and tell him to give me a deal on it. he asks what's a deal, I didn't want to offend him so I didn't tell him I got my ltr450 running for 2grand lol. he said 2gs, I said cool, gonna check with the money man and I'm interested in getting it :D

go back 3rd week 2 grand in hand, ramps in the truck. bikes not there.... I roll across the street and tell the owner I wanted it and had the cash. he says, "u got 2500?" I was like, the price is going up what's going on? and he said it's running now. I was like, ok, gotta talk to the money man again... so ended up getting it yesterday for $2500, kinda slow compared to my ltr but it's an easy ride. has UM nerfs with heel kicks, AC bumper/grab combo off ebay (pretty sure it's ebay modded only) a-arm skids, a throttle extension, not sure if that's the stock rear rotor but it looks like a wave rotor, think I saw another like this so not sure if the renthal fat bars are stock either but nto bad bike overall :) onto the pixorz lol

july11th3.jpg

kfx450r.jpg

kfx450r2.jpg

kfx450r3.jpg

kfx450r4.jpg

because the mods it's about the same as I got my LTR for since I had to get bumper, grab and front rims. I think I still paid less but I didn't and still don't have nerfs (these ones are $325 thru the local dealer or $280 shipped off ebay) so put my flexx bars at same price and I come in right where this one is but this bike isn't as good on a track imo but better for trail and is ALOT cleaner/newer than my bike. mine has rust on the frame and general oxidizing and such, this bike is clean, the stock rims still have their original factory shine and the tires still have some hairs on the side and are newer than the MXR6 rears on my LTR that have only been ridden for 2 months...

oh, it has dinky coupling nut wheel spacers.. not my bike so I'm not so much as taking the gay stickers off for him lol. unless he wants to pay me to do it. the only things I'm considering doing is the routine maintenance on it (oil change/filter, air filter, maybe adjust TPS so it starts easier and maybe tighten the parking brake so it works) but other than that I'm gonna really want cash to do anything on it lol. I think I'd want $25+ parts to do the oil and stuff really. BUT I get 1st dibs if he decides to sell it and I'd of bought it but didn't have $2500 right now lol and figure if he crashes it I'll get it cheaper lmfao. oh, it also needs a batter box cover and rear brake light was removed...

some harness was unplugged lol.

I adjusted the idle a couple clicks and it starts easier. pulled the stickers as I couldn't take looking at them lol.

gonna get the oil an filter and let his dad change it. we'll see how it goes over lol. yeah, definitely a nice bike for $2500... I LOVE the reverse that was one of my only problems/concerns with the LTR. my truck is lifted and I'd like to just reverse it out. or to park it and stuff. pretty much take both big bikes whenever we ride tho and put the raptor in the truck so I can just reverse down the ramps. I use the reverse on my raptor to unload park and just general moving it around. real riding I don't use reverse too often but I think I could get to liking it more if both my bikes had it. I was actually contemplating selling my LTR to get this for me when I 1st found it. and actually posted my bike on CL and a local forum but didn't get anyone with cash. and the ex inlaw guy had the cash and we're still gonna hang so once he wrecks and decides he doesn't wanna ride I'm gonna try to get it for less lol