Fought a tree today...

and the tree won. First time in 8 years i hit a tree almost head on.
Came through the trail in 2nd gear, got a little sideways around a corner. As soon as it hooked up it made a b-line right for a tree. I grabbed another tree with my arm and pulled myself off before impact, but i still hit the ground HARD. Pretty sure it would have hurt alot more if i had held onto the bars.
Good news, Nothing Broke nothing bent! Quick thinking on my part probably kept me from breaking my wrist on the bars, or shoulder on the tree. but like i said, i still hit the ground hard. Was going a little faster than i thought when i reached out for the tree....

I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS sh*t
hahahahaha

yea the engine was still kinda cold so it wasnt running the greatest at that point, and i dropped the hammer in 2nd gear hahaha Turns out the skills and tips i learned years ago are still in my brain somewhere! I'd rather take my chances knocking myself off the seat that slamming headlong into a tree

GOOD THING I WAS WEARING MY HELMET ;)

damn bro, sounds like a close call for sure....id throw myself off the bike before id go head on into a tree....the tree will always win lol

im always to worried about the bike lol im always trying to save it lol but havent crashed yet

my pops used to race mx about 3 yrs ago, we had a SWEET mx track in the woods up north, and he was racing an enduro somewheres up thereand he cameoutta the corner in 3rd doin a wheelie, shifted into 4th in the powerband, and it kick his cr250 sideways off the jump goin back into the woods... and he hit 4 dirrerent trees, then his bike hit him, then the groung hit him... he was wearing full mx gear and it broke the helmet, chest protector, and one boot. he broke 3 ribs, his big toe, his wrist, and shattered his knee cap into 31pieces... up until that point i was racing bikes with him... and im no longer aloud on a track...... sucks the big one...

i've had a motto for years,

"its less painful to fix my ride then my body"

used to have the decal on my axle carrier "warning, rider WILL bail without notice"

and i was dead serious. i'll take my chances tumbling.

was goin all out with another banshee along some rr tracks, knew tony was to the right and rear of me, i pointed to the washout, with that, thumb off throttle, i slowed enough for him to wedge his banshee in between my swingarm and rear frame under the seat, mind you we were at wot top gear, so 60-70 ish, tthis locked up my rear tires, bikes started to get sideways and began to roll, i ejected off that seat like and pilot on fire in a F16!, flew a bit, hit, rolled tumbled, got up. he held on, those quads flipped in the air 3-4 times, still attached, he got ALL FOOKED UP! busted collar bone, 2 broken wrists, dislocated shoulder, torn acl, chipped his hip.
MONTHS of recovery. i had some minor bruises.
funny thing, i was in a helmet, goggles gloves and sneakers.
him, full gear, helmet, chest protector, shoulder/elbow pads, knee pads, alpine stars, kidney belt.
some days your the bug, some days your the windshield