Forum newbie, engine rebuild

Removing the air box lid can change the AFR to require a main jet 2 sizes larger.

The needle clip should be left stock middle slot!

Or should I put the airbox lid back on and run the 230 jet and stock filter. I mean they spend millions of dollars designing these things to get the best combination of performance AND reliability.

With the Uni filter and the lid off I would be starting at a #270 main jet and plug chopping to perfection.

You will gain some power if you remove the lid and use the Uni filter, without loosing any realiability .

The Blaster is designed as an entry level machine aimed at the younger rider.

It features a de tuned air cooled engine based on the powerful DT200 water cooled engine.

Last edited:
With the Uni filter and the lid off I would be starting at a #270 main jet and plug chopping to perfection.

You will gain some power if you remove the lid and use the Uni filter, without loosing any realiability .

Okay, I ride on dusty muddy trails. This will be ok to remove the lid?

With an outerwares cover on the filter you will be fine.

Thank you much sir! I know you mentioned starting at 270 and working down. Do you think this is where it will run the best. Basically what I'm saying is I know you want me to start there so it's not running lean but which size do you think I'll be ending up using?

No one can tell you exactly what size jet to use, there are too many variables, that is why you should plug chop to confirm.