for the kids

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
I bought these for my girls a couple of years ago. At the time the oldest was 11, the "blonde" (what we call her) was 4, and the boy was right at 1. I also liked to drink Michelob which hasn't changed although the amount has (fewer now). The dog bit the boy and is no longer with us (use your imagination if you wish).
4kec5e.jpg

t0kj7m.jpg

So here's what happened: The motor was about shot and has since been parked. Having re-kindled the hobby, I'm about to bring that little jewel back so we can all have some. Except for my wife who only rides her broom. I am going to attempt to get it as is running. If not, I'm going with a Lifan 70 manual clutch/ standard shift. This way, they learn how to ride what's in store for them.

I will also be building a Honda out of the parts bike that came with what you see only this one...

Will be longer, wider, and from scratch. Big enough for me to ride yet small enough to be cool. I will post pics as this progresses. Looking at a Lifan 140cc manual 4 spd, 3/400 ex swing arm, custom frame copied from the very simple design of the Honda 70, and the front end will probably be off of one of those 50cc mini choppers (because they are actual shocks, not rigid forks, and I already have it) to start with.

More pics just because:
6ej7n4.jpg

28vrvbr.jpg

This project will start this weekend and I will post pics. Just thought I'd chime in on this and show off a little piece of history. I highly recommend these, fun as hell.

Could the 4 year old actually ride that? Thats what my brother and I learned to ride on.

I thought about getting one for my daughter to learn on shes 5 but those things are pretty fast once you get it into 3-4 gears.