Fmf sst exhaust

i really didnt feel like reading all that but my question still stands. if its not supposed to leak then y the spring and y not just a clamp? my R6 has a spring on the can and it opens up when rev it up. like i said im not certain im just curious. im no genious and im not argueing NO facts here. i STILL have a leak and i just know i want it fixed. lol. WHO HAS A FMF FLANGE FOR SALE?!?!?! mine maybe stock and has no loop! and looks like the previous owner tried to weld it the header to the flange but broke off eventually as u can see in the pics i posted. maybe im wrong idk

You have to try and weld a loop to the flange that is the best way...I'll look around for an old one.I did have one on my friends bike with a stock exhaust I cut the flange off and welded a loop to the pipe to make a ghetto fmf shock pipe.. It worked but I don't remember if it gained anything.. When I finish painting my engine I'll start it and see if any exhaust comes out of that spot.. With all the pressure in the pipe that everyone agrees has in the pipe when its running , how the hell is that one little spring always holding it completely close at all times?...... If you want send it to me and I'll weld a piece on there that wont break. Just pay for shipping both ways and throw me $5...

idk if the the loop welded will stop the leak for mine bc i pushed the header in towards the motor as if a spring was there it still leaked so i figure i have a bad flange or sumthin. as for the welding for $5 is a good deal but im sure but i can find a local guy to do it for the same price. saves me the time and shipping fee. all it is is a spot weld takes 2 sec. if i had a weld i'd do it myself. so i think i new flange period. just sh*t outta luck no1 sells it

I have to ask my friend if he has one but if he doesn't you need to go to autozone and get a pipe expander .. they might have one that fits . You might be able to pull off a few links to get it to work .Search: pipe expander | Tail Pipe Expander | AutoZone.com Thats how I made a stock pipe work with a fmf flange . All you have to do is expand it enough so it fits really snug.I'm going to see if he still has this piece.

man idk what kinda flange it is i know it slides inside the FMF and yes its about 2 inches long. i think. i never had it off before. but it looks like it was welded b4 andno loop thats y i figure its a stock flange. i might pull the whole sh*t off tmrw and take some pics. i was gonna have a loop welded on it but like i said it still leaked when i held it in place. F M L !

seriously u guys are out of control!! weld the header to the flange, new gasket, be sure flange is flat, mount it and be done...period

there not suppose to leak
u probably have the wrong flange
flange is wrapped
Mac is a dumbass

I would talk to fmf before you listen to anybody's two cent.I could be wrong.I'm going to have to make a call to them too for all the haters and name callers.Maybe all three of my pipes were not supposed to fit the way they did.I'm going to look around to see whats up with this pipe...I would hate to be the son of Mr Gibson..

Yea do that man bc I'm curious too. If no oxygen was supposed to come out then what's the point of the spring. I'm not gonna weld my flange til I know for sure. No offense to any1 I just wanna make sure. Like I said my R6 opens up on high RPM so it COULD be the same with 2 strokes. Again I'm NOT sure just taking extra precautions

lol come guys every1 has their opinion we all could be wrong. but yea i forgot to call FMF too, mac if u remember give them a call. i think i might just weld it but then again i heard they crack from the vibration but idk

Don't even waste your time , you can get a flange from fmf for $30.. He said its not suppose to leak from there but I don't see any o rings like other fmf pipes. I had three pipes and every one had engine sludge coming out from there. I'll look into some more.If they wanted a tight fit they should of put o rings unless they say to use silicone but my pipes never came straight from fmf I got them threw Yamaha.Maybe thats who told me that the way the pipe is.