Fmf sst exhaust

i guess ima blow my top end.. lol.. idk where to get this fix and i sure aint gonna take it to a shop. they'll prolly charge me like a thousand for that lol! i think i have an idea..order the stupid flange, when it comes in i can hit up a hardware store, get 2 loop thingy, take off my header, and that other piece that bolts to the head, take it to a garage and offer to pay them a few bucks to weld those 2 stupid little washers or w/e im getting on and call it a day. would that make a good plan? ok wait a min.. is there a SPECIAL place to put the loops at?? FML and where am i supposed to get this flange at? dont think FMF even sell that separately. cheap bastards

That should work.I think they sell that piece...What is with all the haters.No one else has the fmf book so unless your from fmf your not helping this guy...That pipe does open up sometimes. Maybe I'm wrong but these other guys have no clue why its there...Like I said it not always open but after riding I do see some a little engine sludge running out of there...I had three fmf pipe and all of they had a little play in this spot..If you stop in a river of water for a while water will get in there..If you don't like that design take it up with fmf...

Last edited:
i changed from fattys to sst's on my banshee and its a world diffrent! allot more mid and top i like the sst allot more then anything else iv ever ran!

yo im a dumbass. lol.. when i was taking new pics today for the BOTM, i noticed that my header DOES have the loop. o_O but theres only one. isnt there supposed to be another one thats welded to the watchuma call it that bolts to the motor? the adapter or w/e it is? so does any1 know where i can get that stupid spring? or can i use just anyone?

Better wait for mac he's the fmf expert..after all he's the only that knows fmf pipes have built in relief valves...:/

Better wait for mac he's the fmf expert..after all he's the only that knows fmf pipes have built in relieve valves...:/

yea i have my fmf in my room in hand right now and i see no vavles must only be some modles to bad i didnt get one of the good ones :(

yea idk i guess i need to get that spring thingy. bc i see fumes coming out of the head a lil. i changed the exhaust ring 2 weeks ago and did nothing. so idk wth to do, where to get the spring, and the loop thats missing on head. can sum1 take a look at their header and see or possibly take a pic of their header? i wanna see how it mounts up. FMF dont show a close up on the site

where do i get a new flange? thats flange looks like sh*t too. looks like there was welding there. heres an old pic of it. the gray is JB weld that i removed as well as the red silicone. i cleaned it all out awhile ago. fumes leak out from where the arrow is pointing at. actually the other side as u can see the residue on the motor
IMG_20110212_095533.jpg

ok i HAVE THE OFFICIAL answer.. i called FMF and they said the 55mm spring hooks onto the header then the other end hooks INTO the bolt HOLE. NO loop there. they charge 2.50 for the spring but FML orders have to be over $30. AND the guy said there should be NO leak from the header if so im losing alot of torque and defeats the purpose of the fatty AND as well as every1 knows, could fry the rings and so on

this is gettin on my nerves. i think that FMF guy didnt know wtf he was talking about bc i did a lil research and theres another loop on the other side that lines up.as u can see i dont have another loop on the other end. i asked him if there was suppsed to be another loop he just said the spring hooks in the BOLT which shouldnt be right bc then the spring would be sideways! look at the pic of my header i just took it a lil while ago
IMG_20110311_124238.jpg
IMG_20110311_124320.jpg

ok i HAVE THE OFFICIAL answer.. i called FMF and they said the 55mm spring hooks onto the header then the other end hooks INTO the bolt HOLE. NO loop there. they charge 2.50 for the spring but FML orders have to be over $30. AND the guy said there should be NO leak from the header if so im losing alot of torque and defeats the purpose of the fatty AND as well as every1 knows, could fry the rings and so on

No way!!!! FMF said it's not suppose to leak there....wow...that's weird!

U need to take the flange off and lap (sand) it flat, they can warp sometime and then not seal.

what a douch i really believed him too. i been looking for a flange but i cant find it nowhere. there was a guy here that JUST sold a FMF one new a few days ago too FML! for 22 with shipping. i cant even post a WANT bc i dont have enough "privileges". i think my flange is factory bc when held it IN while its running it STILL leaks. but not as much. and about that spring i was thinking about it. a guy here was swearing up and down that its SUPPOSED to leak when revd high. when i thought about it i think he may be right. the purpose of the spring there is to keep leaks out when idling. then when u rip it up the pressure in the pipe builds and needs more oxygen to blow out so thats when the head opens a lil. it makes sense right? i might be wrong but if not y would the spring be there in the 1st place? i really doubt its there JUST to hold it in place thats what they have bolts and nuts for. i have 2 R6s with the spring at the shorty. when i rev it high, the SPRING on it opens up. i just remembered that. so yes that guy may be right. then again this spring on ours is on the header and the R6 on at the can idk.. u guys make judgment