FMF Slip On says "the silencer you purchased will not fit on OEM"

BlairGreen

Mar 15, 2014
Ford City, PA
I ordered a pc2 for my mildly modded blaster and it got here today. Note that it is a SLIP ON. In the packaging it says "The pipe or silencer you just purchased will not fit to the stock OEM pipe orsilencer. It must be used in conjunction with the FMF equivalent." But it is a SLIP ON SILENCER and I'm not sending it back will it work with my stock header?

It should work I believe and get yourself a high temp exhaust clamp (someone on here sells them i believe) Try and find a used pipe/expansion chamber, that's where you will really benefit..

Last edited:
I think it fits up but im not exactly sure.. Try and set it up next to it, it shouldn't be hard at all to fit it if it does... If anything you should get a better sound. No real performance gain though....

I really wasnt looking for power, just a better sound cause my OEM leaked I plan on getting an fmf header later I figured get the silencer now for sound and power later when I get the money.

I have a Fmf powercore 2 on a Stock pipe. It slid right on, and clamped down. If I remember right, I clamped it together, then tightened the 2 mounting bolts back by the grab bar.
IMG_02251.jpg

Please explain "mildly modded"

If you have any mods to the intake, exhaust or oil injection you may need to alter the size of the main jet.

When we bought it it had a 30 overbore with no injector so I assume they changed the jets other than that I bought reeds and the piston looked different than stock but thats all we've done

so I assume they changed the jets

never assume the previous owner did anything..... but wrong, confirm for yourself !
that main should/may need bumped up to a 240/250 for the oil injection delete, to account for the new mixed in oil, which slightly reduces the amount of fuel.
then plug chop to confirm it's correct.