fmf fatty jetting

jr3

Mar 19, 2009
Hi i just got a fmf fatty and powercore 2 and i just have a ready filter on it. its for my girlfriends blaster what are some of your guys jetting specs i plan to leave the airbox lid on and just run a ready filter. i talked to a guy at work he said he had a k and n and left the airbox lid on and just moved the needle downa clip and ran great.

any help appreciated

thanks James

#1 tell your buddy at work hes stupid.
#2 buy a bunch of jets like 250-300 and start at 300 and work your way down untill it sounds like its running good then do a plug chop and then readjust your jetting from there...

i hope this helps

im running astock style filter, no air box lide, full fmf ehxaust, im running a270 jet and runs good and strong..

if i had an exhaust i would have known that haha so yeah get a 260, 270, and a 280 jet just because every quad is different better safe then sorry....

hmm, i have a similiar question, i put my fatty on, but didnt start the quad yet because i need to go grab some jets.i did a plug chop and its a little rich but thats ok
stock jet is in it right now, but all that i have on there is reeds and the pipe, oh and a k&n and open airbox.
should i grab a 260 and a 270?

I guess a plug chop is a 2 stroke thing? is it like on a 4 stroke u mean just take the plug out after it runs and look at it or is a plug chop something diffrent

BLASTER JETTING SPECS
Blaster FMF Pipe
Main Jet 260-280
Pilot 35
(stock Banshee Needle) / 4th clip
Air screw 1 1/2 to 2 turns
Remove Snorkel From Air Box

Reactions: Tony yeyo
I just put a fatty and powercore on my blaster, it also has a uni filter. The jetting is completely stock and I also have a set of v-force reeds to go in. Can I put them in without adjusing the jetting or am i pushing it now? Thanks guys this is my first post been reading for awhile

i have the fmf fatty pipe and powercore 2 silencer also. I have boyeson power reeds in mine and a foam stock tyle air filter with the airbox lid removed. I am running a 260 main jet with the needle on the 4th clip. a 32.5 pilot jet and the airscrew 1 1/2 turns out.