Flywheel threads stripped

B

Brandyn

I just bought a new flywheel and a flywheel puller but the threads on the flywheel that is currently on my blaster are stripped out. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Bummer

You sure they are stripped? It's a biotch to get started sometimes. How did the nut look, was it damaged? Why are you taking it off, like is there any sacrificial parts here, can we drill holes in the old flywheel?

A

Yeah its stripped or atleast thats what the guy said at the shop i took it to. He welded 2 nuts to the flywheel and yanked it off the first time. I dont have the money to take it anywhere again. Im taking it off because i think the timing on my blaster is way off because it wont start. But yeah i dont care if i destroy the old flywheel trying to take it off, i bought another one, i also bought a stator and am going to put that on, I just dont know what to do to get the flywheel off, i dont have very many tools.

Oh no its not solved. That was when i took it to the shop a few months ago. I dont have the money to take it back to a shop and i dont have a welder so, I'm trying to figure out how to get the flywheel off a different way and I am stumped.

Oh

Run a big ass bolt into one of the holes in the flywheel face, put a piece of 2x4 or similar across the case and use a pry bar on the bolt. Couple gentle taps on the flywheel and she should pop right off. or put the nut on so she is just above the threads and you can pry some that way, too.

If it were me, and I just had it done a few months ago, I'd take it back and have him redo it, shouldn't be fubar by now and should be under warr.

A

well actually i havnt been able to try yet cuz i work alot and its at my friends house, im just going by what the person told me at the shop, Im just trying to figure out a way to get it off so when i do go over there i can just pull that sucker off, but i will try the flywheel puller 1st.