Flipping front wheels

ryanbohr

May 2, 2012
Michigan
I've been reading around on here, and I've noticed that in people's mod lists, a lot of them flipped their front wheels. I know how to remove and re-install tires, but is there anything special you have to do? Won't the valve stem bump the brakes?

Also, I've been looking at new rear tires, most likely going to get original Holeshots, what size should I get? Should I get what it reccomends, 21-10-8, or should I go smaller, like 18-10-8?

As far as tires go, the Holeshot doesn't come in 21/10/8 (I don't think) but it mostly depends on where you are riding. Definitely go with 20" tires if you will be riding in the woods and I believe most people run 18" tires mostly for track racing. Tire diameter also effects acceleration and top speed as most people can tell you up here.

Okay , to flip the front rims on a pre 03 model you dont have to change valve stems typically. It makes it wider in the front end, but it also makes it harder to steer.

...personally I run 18 inch mxr6 holeshots, I only ride woods, but i have full underbelly skids on mine. they hook up as good as any other tire out there but you cant dig too far before you get hung up. I also have a set of 22 inch rear carlisle stryker muds for spring time use.

i race mine and trail/creek cide mine and i run 20/7/10 front and 18/10.5/9 rear (iv got yfz wheels) and i havend had a real problem yet with getting stuck and if you trail ride i recomend the kenda klaws

I plugged off the old valve stem hole with a short bolt and rubber backed washers,installed new ones on the other side ,I used the bolt theaded type not the pull thru's

So, sort of confused, one said that it won't hit the brakes, the other did?

For the rear tires, I think that smaller would make the blaster less tippy, but 20's might be better for me because I mainly ride trail/woods. Also thinking about getting some wheel spacers, are those safe to use, and if so, what length would be best? I saw some on the Bay that come in +3, +4, or +5, would 5 be too much/ 3 be not enough to help?

+4 in the rear is a good place to start. and they are reliable. flipping the fronts is an ok way to extend the width spacers are as well if you are on a tight budget

Is there a reason to not put spacers on the front aswell? I'm sort of on a tight budget, I'd most likely get longer axle and extended A arms in the future if I'm gonna keep my Blaster

if you have disk up front you have to do a lil work to flip them but if yuo dont have disk all you do is flip them but i run stud spacer +3 in the rear