Fliiping front wheels?

Jaffa

May 2, 2010
Kent, UK
Can anyone explain or send a link to a thread on what flipping the front wheels is? how to do it and the benefits that come with it. Sorry to be a noob but see in a lot of sigs "front wheels flipped", and cant find a thread on it. Cheers. Jaffa

I searched a bit harder and found a thread, all i gotta do is "flip the front wheels"!! says it in the title really, any extra advice or tips would be apprecaited. Easy

If you flip your front wheels you will get an extra inch wider on each side.If you have an 88-02 then I believe they flip without any trouble.If it is an 03-06 then you either need flush mounted valve stems or flip your existing valve stem around and redrill a new hole for the valve stem on the other side of the rim.If you don't the valve stem will hit the hydraulic brakes.

with an 01 blaster you can just flip them because the discs are the problem on the 03 and up and cut a normal valve stem, if you have hydro brakes switched, which i see are in the mail you might need shorter valve stems which can be done at any tire shop. Ask awk he should know if it works, or is his kit just the rear, i unno, i got an 05, hope i helped though

with blasters prior to 03 they have drum brakes. so you can simply flip the front tires around and because the rims are offset to one side so it makes it wider. the rear rim offset is dead center and there is no benefit to flipping your rear tires.

the hydro set up i got comin is just for the rear, jus got the stock drum brakes on at the mo. I heard its not a good idea 2 use spacers on the front so will try flip them. Not workin 2day so will try it later. Thanks for all ur posts ppl. Easy. Jaffa

just simply flipping the front wheels will not harm bushings or bearings... they even sell up to a 5" spacer kit (2.5" on each side) and they shouldnt be too rough on the wheel assembly with just normal trail riding. although, if you have wheels too far spaced it will affect your turning. the farther apart will (when turning) make one wheel roll forward and the opposite wheel have a tendency to want to roll backwards... thus it will give an undesirable feedback to the rider when riding.

hope this helps

ok thanks ppl. Meant 2 do it yesterday, but been super busy, so def on it 2moro. Thanks everyone 4 advice and info. Easy ppl. Jaffa

flipped them this mornin, not run it properly on trails or track, but just had a blast round my acre garden, much beta. Most efficent mod i ever done! Cheers again ppl.

this is only a problem with hydro fronts. then you just drill a new hole on the right side and install a new stem

maybe im missing something. why would you need to drill a new hole and install a new stem?
the tire will now have 2 valve stems?
and valve stems are put in from the inside of the rim, not the outside. so if im understanding this correctly, you will dismount the wheel... drill a new valve hole... break the bead of the tire... install a new short valve stem... and inflate the tire and install ??

isnt adding up as to why one would go through all that trouble :(