Fixing small hole in muffler pipe....

Davo

Oct 3, 2014
iowa
Any ideas on fixing a small hole in DG muffler I got off one of the carcass'? Looks like someone welded to close to it. I cleaned it up some.
IMG_0444.jpg

Last edited:
You could weld it or braze it. High temp Jb weld would probably work too.

put the same crap everyone is putting on the exhaust flanges.....permatex copper rtv or the red high temp silicon or black sealant adhesive.....3 4 bucks a tube....it works good and when it stops working put more ono_O.....it also works better on car exhaust then any other crap they sell for exhausts....yet i do own a welder:cool:
someone put the red high temp on my yz250 exhaust and i could net even barely get it off with pliers/and all the kings horses and all the kings men

Reactions: Maniacmotomouth
You are the one freaking out about a muffler lol
lol i know my bad just before i posted that comment the cat scratched me the dog ran into me and put me on my ass and this was the first exhaust i had for my blaster payed a good bit for it then found out it was sh*t lol

The bracket that holds mine on cracked off the muffler and I flux core welded it. looks like a little kid did it. I don't know how to use that welder yet.

I used some red high temp. I had close. Yep, when that stuff sticks, its a pain to get off.
I repacked it and and mounted it. Sounds a little diff than stock silencer. Not much to them. Pretty much a straight line through and some packing around it.