first race of the season. sucked. pics of broken parts!

REEDracing94

Jun 19, 2008
linwood MI
well first harescramble of the season for me. took my time on the dead start cause it was my first race on the yfz, after the first 3 corners i was in the middle of everyone at about 9th, a little ways into the first woods section i loose my exhaust end, no big deal kept racing, about 3/4 around the 5 mile track i was in about 4th or 5th place. got in the middle of the second mx section with about a 1/8 mile to go and it just dies. look down and my chain is bound up in the front sprocket.

damage:
carrier bearings shot
chain was bound up, now free
bent the swinger dust cap bad
pulled the carrier and it is cracked and tore up
took 3 teeth out of the front sprocket

THE ALL IMPORTANT PICS

crack in carrier
tn15.jpg

the carrier spacer
2010-05-23_192.jpg

the chain when it was first stuck
2010-05-23_105.jpg

at least it got a little muddy
fewgdv.jpg

dang london.....did you go back and look for your end cap of just said screw it?......ahha well did ya have fun while it lasted?

just the end cap fell off. i put the screws in it with red lock tight 2 days ago too.
well that red locktight becomes jelly when heated up, matter of fact thats one of the best ways to get red locktight loose it to heat it up....

oh and did your step bro race?

ya thats true. it was a awsome track to. 1 mile mx section. ya my step bro also snapped both his durablue wheel spacers in 3 pieces the first lap!

BAD DAY FOR THE LI TEAM

aahhah how do yall get yalls broken bikes out when your in the middle of a woods section with a race going on, well thats if your in a woods section......was he riding and then then boom, spacers break?

aahhah how do yall get yalls broken bikes out when your in the middle of a woods section with a race going on, well thats if your in a woods section......was he riding and then then boom, spacers break?

hard work and sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last summer my chain did that same thing, had to cut mine to get it out. what a pain in the ass. sounds like it was not a very good stat to the season

i took my swinger off to get the chain out. according to my step bro he jumped and he felt the back wheels wobbling. we think he never tightened the bolts so they were loose causeing the spacers to break

Jake was able to limp his quad back to the trailer... REED had to get pushed back... Was a tough day, but a good weekend, and a GREAT track ! Picked top track in the series regularly and conditions were perfect !

I just wish they both could have ridden it abit more... Landon was screaming through the pack when he broke too....

yea weve had the durblue spacers on our trike, and trikes make a lot of pressure on the axles with the unstable turning and everything and we never broke them....we even had the 3.5 inh spacers, i jumped them, and rode extreamly aggresve on the trikes and they never broke

Jake was able to limp his quad back to the trailer... REED had to get pushed back... Was a tough day, but a good weekend, and a GREAT track ! Picked top track in the series regularly and conditions were perfect !

I just wish they both could have ridden it abit more... Landon was screaming through the pack when he broke too....

what do they just have like track officals all over the tracks on 4x4 quads to push back? and did jake break before landon , like did yall pass each other while one was broke down?, lol