First full Rebuild

I might be able to do a ride comparison. I have a spare blaster so I could potentially use the stock airbox on my cfm set up and see if it runs richer or leaner and that would tell us if it really flows better.
That would be better than nothing. Never thought about the CFM because of the sharp bends. The lack of taper is less of a concern, though it it would help with a ram air effect.

Other than a flow bench only other thing I can think of is a carb sync tool such as used on a Banshee.

some info from the 2 stroke tuners handbook bout air

Maximum air flow will be obtained with the

carburetor crowded close to the port window, and an extension on the carburetor's inlet to

provide the correct tract length, but that arrangement also gives the worst conditions for

mixture delivery. Positioning the carburetor at the intake tract's outer end reduces

volumetric efficiency somewhat, but provides the best mixture-strength stability.

Connections to the air cleaner should be as short as possible, but if it is necessary to

separate the carburetor and air cleaner by more than a couple of inches, the passage

linking them should be either a cone (diverging at least 15-degrees) or a parallel-wall

tube having about 400-percent of the throttle bore's cross-sectional area. Both of these

will provide essentially the same condition as a pure, atmospheric inlet, and prevent

secondary resonances that also can upset fuel metering

I'm impressed :cool: !! Someone actually researching and reading !! Especially something written so long ago, not that it changes anything.

So, have you read all of it? Understand all of it? Or like me, and some is just a little deep?
First time I read it, it was hot off the press !! Yeah, I'm old. Dirt was still fresh when I started riding , and we only had two wheels :eek:

Reactions: MURPH
New parts rolling in! This week I received:

Alba Brake Line Clamps
New front and rear Speedlines from American Star Racing
KOR 400EX bushings
KOR Case Protector
LRD Adjustable Pipe and Silencer

Reactions: 82cutty
Shocks arrived at Jocaga today, getting my works repaired and revalved for my big butt. Dropped the frame off to get powdercoated, thinks it will be about 2 week turn around which kinda sucks, but he's over $100 cheaper than everyone else around me.

Top end is off at Ken, working his magic. Just a handful of things left that I need... Tires, maybe a front a rear bumper. That's about it really.

Shocks arrived at Jocaga today, getting my works repaired and revalved for my big butt. Dropped the frame off to get powdercoated, thinks it will be about 2 week turn around which kinda sucks, but he's over $100 cheaper than everyone else around me.

Top end is off at Ken, working his magic. Just a handful of things left that I need... Tires, maybe a front a rear bumper. That's about it really.
Nice. Sounds like this blaster will be top notch

Well got a couple more things in these past couple days:

Front 22" tires Tech 4's
Rear 20" tires ITP Holeshots

Member here hooked me up with a great deal on a set of tusk Nerfs as well!

Tore the motor down this past weekend to get the old crank out and install the new +3 stroker. Must not have changed the trans oil in a while and that thing smelled burnt! So picked up a tusk clutch kit, 150 pc bolt kit and stainless engine bolt kit. For some reason I had like half a SS engine bolt kit installed... was really weird taking the thing apart!

Reactions: Meyers
got those same front tires just last weekend. Still got the hair on the top even after about 3-4 hours of wood riding. Definitely like that they are cheap but still hold up well and 6 ply

Well spoke to Jocaga today, shipped them out this morning so should be here by Thursday, hopefully wedenesday lol. Also talked to Ken, should have my top end in the mail to me tomorrow morning. Ugh I am cutting it close for this build and this ride this weekend!

Well didn't get to build the blaster before the power line ride this year, no big deal really, i rode my brothers 400ex. Jeesh it's nice to have electric start lol.

Well went back to my brothers to start the build tonight, this is progress so far. Prolly working into the night to get it a roller.

Packed up for power line lol

Starting the build

Reactions: bummer981