First Complete Blaster Build

I personally wouldnt want to just leave it there. I am assuming that you are talking about the head of the screw being stripped.A couple things you could try to do is if you have a die grinder, you could use it to cut a slot it the screw head to fit a large straight blade screw driver and try to unscrew it. Another option would be to drill the screw out. Sounds a little scary if you have never done it before but it is pretty easy. Take the one screw that you got out and find a drill bit that is ONE size bigger than the threaded part of the screw. If you have access to a drill press it is better because it will keep your bit straight but a hand drill will work. Drill into the center of the screw where the screwdriver would normally go. Nice easy slow pressure. Once you get through the head, the head should pop off and you should be able to pull the pump off the screw shaft. Then just use vice grips to remove the screw shaft. Hope this helps. Good luck.

A tool that makes life with Philips head screws (Star) easier is an impact driver. Buy a good one, there are lots of cheap soft chinese copies out there. You hit the driver with a hammer to impact the Philips screw out without damaging it. It will also get many damaged a stripped Philips screws if they are not too bad off. Then I replace them with Allen head socket screws so I never have the problem again.

If they are too far gone and cannot get visegrips on them, you have to drill them out as explained, but I have a different twist... For about $20 down at "Auto Zone" or equivalent, you can set a set of left hand drill bits. Set the drill on reverse and just as the drill is breaking through, it will turn the screw out enough for you to extract it.

Nice write up (Blaster and your work) I enjoy this sort of thing, thanks!

A tool that makes life with Philips head screws (Star) easier is an impact driver. Buy a good one, there are lots of cheap soft chinese copies out there. You hit the driver with a hammer to impact the Philips screw out without damaging it. It will also get many damaged a stripped Philips screws if they are not too bad off. Then I replace them with Allen head socket screws so I never have the problem again.

If they are too far gone and cannot get visegrips on them, you have to drill them out as explained, but I have a different twist... For about $20 down at "Auto Zone" or equivalent, you can set a set of left hand drill bits. Set the drill on reverse and just as the drill is breaking through, it will turn the screw out enough for you to extract it.

Nice write up (Blaster and your work) I enjoy this sort of thing, thanks!

Yeah I agree. Impact drivers are worth their weight in gold. Unbelievable what they will pull loose. Not sure what I would do without mine.

Got home tonight and worked on mocking up my Raptor heel guards (pics in the Raptor 250 Heel Guards thread) and my GSXR rear brakes (Thanks awk for the bracket kit). Brakes went pretty smooth although I found out that apparently the bike that the brake set up cam off of must have had an extended swing arm because the line is WAY too long. Probably at least 10" too long. Will have to get a new line after I get my new swingarm.

Master cylinder bracket.
2n7jdwl.jpg

MC mounted. Had to modify the resevoir mount so it could sit inside the frame. Dont mind the terrible looking shock. It will be replaced soon with my z400 shock.
59zu46.jpg

34pavlx.jpg

Caliper mounted.
2d766nd.jpg

20sdjs1.jpg

Just a little extra line. Anyone need an extended Braided Stainless line for an 05 GSXR 1000??
5ckqk5.jpg

gsxr brake setup looks great!! yea thats how long the gsxr line comes im pretty sure a bit longer then we need lol i just got a gsxr setup from awk tonight, should have it here in a couple weeks.

gsxr brake setup looks great!! yea thats how long the gsxr line comes im pretty sure a bit longer then we need lol i just got a gsxr setup from awk tonight, should have it here in a couple weeks.

Once I get my new swinger and know how long of a line I need I am gonna get a new one made in the right length. This thing is just crazy long. Did you get the whole set up or just brackets?

i picked up his whole setup, the one he had in the for sale section off of his sons bike. wasn't really planning on upgrading the brakes this year but it was such a gd deal i couldnt pass it up

Just a couple updates. Haven't had a lot of time lately but I did finally get around to installing my Z-400 rear shock, YFZ rear hubs and got my Holeshots mounted on the Itp Baja Rear Wheels. Playing around with plastic still trying to decide what way I am going to go with color. Probably going to be all white plastic, blue frame with black a-arms and swingarm.
Suzuki LTZ400 Rear Shock
2a7v400.jpg

Oconnor Bushings and Bolt made the top super easy.
wml4z.jpg

Left side
6iefwy.jpg

Right side
2ut3nrq.jpg

The resevior hit the air box. The lid does not fit now without being modified.
1ori8l.jpg

09 YFZ Rear Hubs
scgh8i.jpg

Side view
2wch075.jpg

good job on the brakes bro !!!!!! looks like you got the alignment of the master to pedal extension perfect, i too have fiddled with putting the rezzie inside the frame like that on my earlier setups, but was in a hurry when i did my sons, and just went straight back, it held up good for a whole season and just seemed to make my kits easier for those with less fabbing skills, either way works. i even lengthened my line and have my rezzie under the seat
and yeah, that brake line is even way longer than any gsxr stock line i have seen, the stockers need looped around a little, but that one will reach the whole way back to your buddies bike following you, hahahaaaaaa
the whole builds lookin good !!!!!!!!!

looking gd!! i love those rims!! the white plastic blue frame sounds very nice, what colour blue are you going to use?
Thanks man. Kicking around a couple different blues. Was going to use the same blue on the rear hubs but I found a Mettalic Cobalt Blue that I really like.

good job on the brakes bro !!!!!! looks like you got the alignment of the master to pedal extension perfect, i too have fiddled with putting the rezzie inside the frame like that on my earlier setups, but was in a hurry when i did my sons, and just went straight back, it held up good for a whole season and just seemed to make my kits easier for those with less fabbing skills, either way works. i even lengthened my line and have my rezzie under the seat
and yeah, that brake line is even way longer than any gsxr stock line i have seen, the stockers need looped around a little, but that one will reach the whole way back to your buddies bike following you, hahahaaaaaa
the whole builds lookin good !!!!!!!!!

Thanks awk. Those brackets made the brake job sooo easy. The line that connects the master to the rezzie didnt want to twist to let me mount it outside so I just modded that bracket to let it sit where it is now. I like the idea od putting it under the seat though. Would make it really easy to fill. I may try that later. And year the rear line is crazy long. I found a company here locally that can make me a new Braided SS line to my specs for $55. Gonna have one made before I reassemble everything.

whoa, those lines can be had, made to any length on ebay for like $25
and you have to undo the little clamps and grab that rezzie line with pliers to get them to spin sometimes
but good job, wait till you get to test them out !!!!!!!

whoa, those lines can be had, made to any length on ebay for like $25
and you have to undo the little clamps and grab that rezzie line with pliers to get them to spin sometimes
but good job, wait till you get to test them out !!!!!!!

Thanks for the info on the lines. I'll have to check on there for them. I had not even looked there for them. Can't wait to try them out. Just wish I had the parts to replace the fronts with hydros now too but it's just gonna have to wait I guess.

ur welcome i got that 1 from nonpoit86 so i had a extra but needed some parts to get rid of the rest of theese bikes so we are both happy

Playing with plastic again. Installed the 03 hood I got from speedemon. Was thinking about painting it white and doing blue mesh in the light opening but I may try to get a light assembly for it instead. Also scored a YFZ front brake assembly on ebay yesterday so now I need spindles and hubs/rotors to finish my complete hydro conversion.

4trt42.jpg

2nhkv1e.jpg

70kyl1.jpg

wow i think i died and went to heaven that looks amazing on urs but i think leave it the way it is that looks so amazing but thats my opinion it looks amazing like that