Finally got one!!!

bagds10

Mar 30, 2010
az
i finally got me a running blaster. i got a 2000 blaster with a bb240 kit, vforce reeds, reed spacer, fmfpipe/silencer, its all black with red seat, and i think it has a aftermarket carb cause it dont look like my other blaster carb. but i got a question, what jetting does this setup require? when i gun it it wants to cut out for a second then it picks back up. by the way it came with a 6 pack rack with a gas can holder that im going to get rid of. if anyone wants it lmk

wait a second... i NEVER lie... ok well at least not this time. ill post pictures tomorrow when i can see

i want to see pics to and for ur dying for a secong mine was doing that check ur jets if everythings good there clean ur carb and clean out ur gas tank i spent hours trying to figure mine out and eveyone here told me the samething ur carb needs cleaned so i tryed that and it helped a little but it would still try to die then it would pick back up and it would back fire but then my pap told me clean the gas tank guess what fixed it lol hope this helps a little bit

yeah thats what it does but it doesnt back fire. i will try all those this weekend and see what jets are in it. but how come nobody told me that a 240 blaster is fast as hell? i used to have a almost stock blaster and when i got on the throttle of this one... they haul balls. i think i might beat my buddies 400ex

ill post pics tomorrow. the lady i bought it from had a shop do the work and she said theres 1500 in work but she had no idea what parts they put except a 240 kit. it hauls ass though. but the plastics are painted with rattle can black and look like they were trimmed with kitchen scissors. but i already put a red ceet cover on it so its not all black. also if anyones interested, i got a fmf fatty pipe and a fmf silencer for sale. the bike came with one and i already have one lying around. and how do i tell if its a 240 jug and head? its fast if that matters

Last edited:
ok. where the reeds go into the jug it doesnt look stock. but tomorrow you guys can tell me what i got

also it wont idle. i tried messing with the idle screw but not very much cause i was in a hurry. if i turn the idle screw all the way in,(clockwise), how far out do i turn it for idle?(counter clockwise)

also it wont idle. i tried messing with the idle screw but not very much cause i was in a hurry. if i turn the idle screw all the way in,(clockwise), how far out do i turn it for idle?(counter clockwise)

are you talking teh idle screw on the tors unit of the carb or do you mean the air screw?

make sure you plug is good, make sure the reeds are good clean your carb out and have a check of the basics first but from the sounds of it its leaning out, when i first started mine it would idle but as soon as you revved it it would die, i turned the air screw in 1/8 of a turn increments until it would rev, then i turned it in another 1/8th it needs a bigger pilot but its running now. the air screw is the small, one at the back of the carb nearer the air filter side. i dont think stock blaster carbs come with idle adjustment on the body of the carb, unless they have been modified for the tors delete, if it still has the tors in tact the idle adjustment is on the tors unit above the carb.
just make sure its the idle screw your turning, because if you have been turning the airscrew you may have upset the mixture hence your running issues.
if i were you id check these first and then probably do a plug chop to make sure your not running that bad boy 240 kit lean, because that would realy spoil the fun sooner or later.
pictures will help us identify your carb and then we can give tips on hbow to get it going a bit better hopefully.
well done with the purchase, looking forward to the pics.I:I

well some bad news i think... my idle screw is bad. i turn it all the way in and it doesnt stop and i turn it out and it doesnt effect the idle. it has tors delete but the idle screw doesnt do anything. should i just put my spare carb on it or get a new idle screw?

well today i found out that carb on my quad isnt stock. today i blocked off the oil injection, took apart my carb, and cleaned my old carb cause of my idle screw issues... well i cleaned a old stock blaster carb i had lying around and went to put it on and when i tried to screw the thing on top of the carb, the big bolt thing was too big to screw on to my old carb. so i decided to switch the idle screw and switch the throttle cable but now my throttle cable is about 2 inches too long. so i need to shorten it