finallly....the build

Status
Not open for further replies.

2smoker85

Dec 13, 2008
Edgewater MD
well i finally got the go ahead from the better half...yes!!! well i bought the blaster frame today a bumper and a powdercoated carrier, all i need is bearings for the carrier, waiting for the swinger bid to end, 10 bux cant beat it!! go ebay, not sure what im puttin in it for a motor yet, ideas are welcome and yes it will be a 2 stroke motor,going with black and gold, frame black, a arms gold, swinger gold, rims black, not sure of the color of the plastics yet....pics will be posted when i get the stuff here but here is the front bumper,frame,carrier and swinger...now snail mail hurry up!

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 340
  • carrier.jpg
    carrier.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 352
  • swinger.jpg
    swinger.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 337
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 156
hmmm good choice and it is a matter of finding one, i will keep it in mind, depends on the modifications i have to do because i will have to take it somewhere for the welding portion of the build, mounts reinforcements etc.

Last edited:
hmmm good choice and it is a matter of finding one, i will keep it in mind, depends on the modifications i have to do because i will have to take it somewhere for the welding portion of the build, mounts reinforcements etc.

check junk yards or salvage yards see if they got a wrecked on or buy an older one on craigs and re-sell what you dont use, i guarantee if you search u could find one for a grand, strip the motor and re-sell the remains on a ktm forum. im sure people sell them on the forums as well, its been around for ages, the fitment should be the same or similar to the 250 swap people do on here. i will bow to you if you do this

Not trying to spend over 5 for the motor. Gonna look around found a bottom end on eBay for 1k. Too much for me its not a budget build just not trying to spend over about 2500

im sure there is an old junked one or a beater 300xc motor floating around on craigs of ebay for around that price. i would be ecstatic for that swap. i would drive all the way up there to get a good look at it

Lol it would be a wicked build I'll see what I can come up with other motors gotta look around and see what I can find. Its in my mind though

so another piece to the puzzle added...going to be painted gold w/ flakes, possible light, but most likely mesh grill insert

Attachments

• nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 115
Its looking like its going to be an it400 or a yz400 which the only difference is the tranny and gearing and the it400 has a lighting coil getting a good deal on the motor so I might pull the trigger on this....still waiting on parts and the frame...

Its going yo be fun gonna be about another week And I will go get frame front hydro setup plastics,axle and whatever else I can get from oregondunes

im thinking on going with the la sleeve bbk kit with a +4 longrod, the blaster i have right now i will be sending to ken for a trail port and it will be a +3 stroker.

so i scored a 86 yz 250 motor, all it needs is main bearings and a water pump still deciding whether to do the swap or not, im up in the air. here is some pics

Attachments

• yz250 1.jpg
    yz250 1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 170
  • yz250 3.jpg
    yz250 3.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 187
  • yz250 motor 2.jpg
    yz250 motor 2.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 169
  • yz250 4.jpg
    yz250 4.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 185
  • yz250 5.jpg
    yz250 5.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 172
Haven't been able to to anything yet other than get a mock up on the frame of a starting point, military obligations have me busy but sat hopefully get it as a roller and get wiring siuated I am looking for a blaster bottom end if someone has one

Status
Not open for further replies.