extra cooling support?

Logan546

Aug 24, 2015
Summer is approaching and the hot humid days are coming. Summertime is obviously riding season!! But i am curious of something, my riding style is more of very high rpms on hill climbs and slow tight trails mostly out in the bare sun (local quarry where i live, not much overhead cover) and lemme tell yah, it gets extremely hot! And i ride for a full on day morning till night on the weekends (literally). I understand the blaster is capable of adiquite cooling hence it came from the factory an air cooled engine. Would a blaster be able to handle this type of riding style in its stock form? I was thinking of buying some aluminum air scoops off of Ebay and also perhaps buying a used ATV radiator fan like off of a z400 to blow air through the cooling fins and weld some mounts on the frame and wiring the fan to a toggle switch on the bars... Thoughts?

If mounting a fan you would need to convert over to DC current and add a battery. Not difficult as many members, including myself have done it. But as long as your moving, it shouldn't be a problem I dont think.

That air cooled engine will operate just fine without adding a bunch of weight and junk.
As long as your jetting is correct, and you run a quality oil, you won't have any issues!
I ride in the hot Nevada desert just like you ride (all day) and NEVER had an issue.
I go way out and for long periods of time.
The blaster's heavily finned cylinder head and cylinder are awesome heat sinks that draw the heat away from the cylinder walls and combustion chamber very efficiently and transfer it to the air very efficiently.
If you want to add weight to your blaster wear a camel back to drink from and a hand gun of your choice.