extended steering stem diy

Well finally got this done. More of a PITA, due to lack of tools for me, but made it work I'm 2.375" taller than stock, could of used another inch but wasn't sure my cables would fit.
Thanks bro, for the idea's and share of knowledge! Was cheaper than buying one for sure and enjoyed the challenge.

IMG_20120115_170338.jpg

IMG_20120115_170348.jpg

Last edited:
sh*t why are my pics so small, Stupid cell phone, I hate taking pics with a cell phone. X( I do have some grinding to do.. but I'm pleased with it!

Looks good, from what i can see lol.

But how do you upload them? i send them from my phone straight to photobucket and it usually makes them huge. I try to size them down then post on here.

Did that until i got the ipod, now i just download to snapbucket photobucket's app and post them here.

Looks good, from what i can see lol.

But how do you upload them? i send them from my phone straight to photobucket and it usually makes them huge. I try to size them down then post on here.

Did that until i got the ipod, now i just download to snapbucket photobucket's app and post them here.

I send them from my phone to my email then to photobucket! Not sure why they are tiny, when i tryn to make them large, everythings blurs/!! Have no clue and don't fell like tryin tonight, been working on it since 10am finished at 5pm, two of them that is.

Looks really good. I love making something that turns out good. Gives you a feeling that nothing else can.

I guess I should add a few pointers, issues i found when doing this. Noticed that there are two different kinds of blaster steering stems, on my 89 the bottom piece where the tie rod flag mounts is perfectly round, on my 05 it is hex shape on both however, there is a solid piece about 1 1/4" long, again the hex is hex shape solid and you must ground the hex points off to make it fit! I also set that flag piece in the mount straight, then put the stem over it, checked straightness 5 times, then tacked each side pulled it out and made two beads around it. One would of been sufficient but, i wanted to be sure!

Thanks bro, All your info was easy to follow until i had to cut thye flag off and didn't know where to, but figured it out! Thanks again for posting this thread!

For anyone wanting to make there own when ya call lonestar you will need this part number 75-st005! This is the two tapered tube pieces that get welded on to the top of the stem, this is what the clamp bolts on to! They are 8.49 each you will need two for each stem you make! -Slick

Do you know the lonestar phone number, and is that the right part number? The part number 75-st005! looks like a strange part number, because it has a ! in it. :-/