Extend rear swing arm kit ?

fast02blaster

Nov 3, 2012
newark delaware
Hey guys got some questions got a 02 blaster love the bike only thing is just like very one that trail rides with them hills its to short of a frame. So I'm looking to either do an 2" extension kit from a&r or do a whole swing arm but like 250 bucks for swing arm plus new cable and all gonna be up in 300 range. So I'm asking will I notice a different/is it worth a shot with the a&r for like 70 bucks if I ain't doing jumps just trail rides and racing on street 1/4 mile lol

Do some research on quality and price. I dont wanna baby my bike because parts might break, I wanna rip it with no worries. Price is always a issue with me though. If you feel it's to short for you then I would approve of the extension. I have a 4" extended swingarm (not a kit) and I love it. I have a friend who wants to shorten his stock Banshee swingarm to get more bite. On a blaster some might say keep it stock length but I like how my blaster rides with the extended swinger.

yea my local shop that i always go too the mechanic there did his own extension on his blaster used section from another stock one and did a 3 '' extension and said it works great never any issues said he would weld me one up too for a good price so waiting to hear from him i dnt wana baby my bike either i like going out and riding and not havign to worry about parts braking either lol but thanks for the input i been looking just dont have the 3-4 hundred to buy a new swing arm i want to but just dont have the money i a a big guy 6 ft 1 340 pounds alot of people say im over sized for the bike but im comfortable on it and i keep up with a 350 warrior all day long so im happy with it i hyst want it longer

Well... if it was me I would have him weld one up for that good price. 2" extension is good but 3" is better. At least that's what she said, lol. Anyway, if he can fabricate a 3" extension, you will feel a differance. I dont know if ur blaster is any wider than stock but you can widen a couple inches pretty cheap and with extended swinger, than quad will be much more stable and fit you better.

ive been running hard on my extention for a few months now, lotta trail beating not too much jumping and its held up fine

i did have to re-tighten everything after the 1st few rides and the captive nut stripped the alum housing...i grabbed it with vice-grips during he retourqing and everything has been fine since

remember to assemble everything loosly first then tighten everything

I've got the 2" extension you're talking about, I jump the crap out of mine and it hasn't sown any signs of fatigue, strange wear or stresses. I vote go for it. Mine is very solid and makes a WORLD of difference.

cool thanks for all of the info from all of you it is a big help im gonna see how much my guy is gonna charge to make the one if not too much ill go with the 3 inch like i want but if not i will go with the extension bolt on kit and how do you widen it cheap ?