Have a 2002 blaster full pro circuit exhaust 304 pipe
Pre mix 32:1 93 octane with Yamalube
310 Main jet
Bored .50 over
Stock air filter
Compression is about 115
Starts second kick.

But it will only top out about 40-43 mph
Has a exhaust leak because I only have one spring at the header. Could the leak make me lose speed it has decent power but tops out low. It has the tors wires clipped but it runs fine. Help appreciated.

Last edited:
Have a 2002 blaster full pro circuit exhaust 304 pipe
Pre mix 32:1 93 octane with Yamalube
310 Main jet
Bored .50 over
Stock air filter
Compression is about 115
Starts second kick.

But it will only top out about 40-43 mph
Has a exhaust leak because I only have one spring at the header. Could the leak make me lose speed it has decent power but tops out low. It has the tors wires clipped but it runs fine. Help appreciated.
Your compression is little low. Should be around the 120 mark or higher. A new top end would most likely fix that. Exhaust leaks are horrible for long periods of time. It will make jetting eratic and the bike could potentially run lean, which in turn could ruin a top end. Your jet also seems a little big for the mods you have, what altitude are you at? I would try to fix the exhaust, get the compression up then do a plug chop and go for there. Hope this is helpful.

Your compression is little low. Should be around the 120 mark or higher. A new top end would most likely fix that. Exhaust leaks are horrible for long periods of time. It will make jetting eratic and the bike could potentially run lean, which in turn could ruin a top end. Your jet also seems a little big for the mods you have, what altitude are you at? I would try to fix the exhaust, get the compression up then do a plug chop and go for there. Hope this is helpful.
My altitude is around 500 feet. So you are saying low compression could cause low speed I also have boyesen power reeds I need to put on

Then I would get a temp gun and run the bike for 4-5 minutes. Just running without load and jetted correctly the cylinder and the head should stay between 185-205. If it's getting really hot you might be running really lean, but until you fix you exhaust leak you can't really jet the bike yet

Reactions: Will French