Exhaust Help

seitz729

Apr 18, 2012
So Cal
I'm looking into replacing the Trinity Racing pipe on my project Blaster. Most of the places my son and I ride in the great Republic of Kalifornia are very strict about spark arrestor enforcement. I've seen a few stock exhausts and there are a couple of cheap used pro circuit exhausts with USFS spark arrestors currently on ebay. My question is regarding the header pipe. Would I have to also find a stock header? Could I get away utilizing the trinity header and fabricating it to a stock exhaust? I've attached some pics. The current header on the bike ends just above the kick starter. Is that pretty close to the stock location?

Attachments

• exhaust a.jpg
    exhaust a.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 107
  • exha.jpg
    exha.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I am pretty sure that you can get a couple of breeds of silencer with spark stoppers, that would suit the Trinity.

Blasterdemon aren't u running a f7 with a toomey? F7 an trinity are the same pipes..demon did u have to mod the toomey?

Yes I am. It fit on fine other then having to make a small tab to mount it to the frame mount. The silencer mount was about 1/2 off.

I keep seeing people talk about used systems on ebay but I'm not finding them. I missed one yesterday but that's the only one I've seen. If the Trinity is in good shape I take it at a fair price and give you my OEM (not in great cosmetic shape but solid).

i have a trintity pipe with an LRD silencer coupled right to it,
that style pipe will accept most silencers except the old LRD's, the FMF SST's and the dynoports, < all those use a straight thru design instead of the stock kicked up/angle style
i'd look for a spark arrested FMF if i were you

like this one for $60 shipped !!!!!!.............

Yamaha Blaster FMF muffler silencer | eBay

or bid on this one ............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d037b23b&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator: