Exh. Powervalve

Vendetta

Nov 7, 2008
Miami, FL
www.myspace.com
Just a simple question...

In general, a two stroke motor equipped with a exh. powervalve, how tight should the linkage be?

I mean, the whole system is mechanical, what opens and closes the valve.
But how tight should the nut be that holds the linkage?
Seems that it's supposed to be loose, but won't the engine vibrations loosen it up more?

It should have a lock nut on it or a locking tab. The linkage can not be tight to where it binds or it will never open.

There isn't any of that, No locking tab or Locking nut. Don't have the motor with me right now.

(Getting new sleeve, piston and rest of the top end...)

So a nut with thread lock should do the job then?

Yeah, Though Yamaha did a great job in creating the greatest cost efficient quad. Still, having all those extras would've been nice.

Imagine, Direct fuel injection, NO TORS!!!!, Hydraulic brakes all around, even clutch, gas shocks, fully prepped motor from DT/WR200.

Wicked...

That would have been a reality if the market had not gone in the direction of 4strokes due to pollution. The blaster's port layout is based of 1970's technology and has much room for improvement.
Well the blaster stayed the same for 18+ years. If yamaha would have updated it, say mid 90's with better porting, carb, domes ect. It would have been much better and provid a better base for modding
blaster hp: 17
yz125 hp: 33
Thats not right. something 75cc's bigger should NOT have less power

Well the blaster stayed the same for 18+ years. If yamaha would have updated it, say mid 90's with better porting, carb, domes ect. It would have been much better and provid a better base for modding
blaster hp: 17
yz125 hp: 33
Thats not right. something 75cc's bigger should NOT have less power

Those kind of power #'s are easily achievable even retaining much of the blasters stock hardware. The exceptions being the pipe and carb. The blaster was marketed more for the novice rider and therefore very detuned, while the yz line was technologically advanced and marketed to the race crowd.

Even still, while the technological design of motors can mean the difference of ultra efficiendy, (high HP, Low CC's)

Sometimes the simplest designs are the most bulletproof.

While we have to be "ecologically aware" of what's going on, 2 Strokes are NOT the cause of pollution.
MAN I BLAME THE BUSSES AND ANY OTHER UNNECESSARY VEHICLES!!!

Just 1 City bus equals 100 Banshees. Honestly, I'd rather destroy one of them things so 100 ppl can ride a banshee. Hell i'll be one of them.