Exchange rate

BlasterIan

Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
I dont know why people biotch and moan about exchange rate so much, because think about it.

For instance, lets say in the USA you earn $1000, in RSA you earn R8000 for the similar position.

Its all relevant.

The other thing is, some things are cheaper in the US, but if you order something from the US to RSA (for instance) then ok you pay shipping, tax and duty, in the end it costs the same if you buy locally, sometimes even cheaper.

I however biotch and moan about the fact that is unfair :D

But anyway, just a thought that ran through my head as I heard on the radio that the Rand got weaker or something and then thought why make such a big deal about it.

If you need toilet paper to wipe your ass and toilet paper went up in price, thers nothing you can do but buy the dam toilet paper! " or use a towel or walk with a S*%ty ass all day" :eek: :D

Anyways, this was just a thought!
Hope you guys enjoyed reading what was on my mind now :D

Just a question have you been to Zimbabwe or any other country around South Africa?

Because that is the reason people sh*t them self and moan about interest rate's and all the above (it is all politics' that govern a country) you cant's compare South Africa with America because there is allot more into it.

it is like saying that if you work in Mexico and get a 100 000 Pesos it's the same as working in America for $1000 dollars for the same job (just an example no offence intended).

somethings are cheaper from the states with customs and shipping included - a lot cheaper! you just need to do some research before you buy anything. somethings are about the same if you buy them here, but nothing is ever cheaper!

yes its all relative but there is alot more to it.

Each country's currency floats independently of the others.....unless the currency is pegged against another country's (like many due to the US $) or you manipulate your currency, like China.

So if your home currency gets weaker while a competing currency does nothing.....then it's now costing you more to buy in that competing currency.

I can make this simple Example: a gallon of milk in the UK cost 8 bps it costs 4 usd here in the states its all realative...the only way to benifit is if the bloke in the UK comes here and spends his bps...roughly 4usd = 2pbs