ever had a cutoff

ldrancer

Sep 8, 2013
on a keihin pwk, that like, wont quit. like right at off throttle.

28mm. not yoru bike. mine. a scooter. 72cc.

also a 21mm dellorto phbg was cutting out, right after off throttle. couldnt do nothing. the cylinder on its made for high end racing. too. maybe i thought too small of a carb.

but everyone else uses this carb on their bike. but im having problems.

but. 72cc of honda 2-stroke not taking off.
? am i just running into something?

i figured no way on the dellorto. my taper was making my bike not run if i richened it so.
eventually my 1/4 throttle, was so lean on the needle, they didnt hardly make them. pretty sure carb was cutting out. ?
am i missing something?

on a keihin pwk, that like, wont quit. like right at off throttle.

28mm. not yoru bike. mine. a scooter. 72cc.

also a 21mm dellorto phbg was cutting out, right after off throttle. couldnt do nothing. the cylinder on its made for high end racing. too. maybe i thought too small of a carb.

but everyone else uses this carb on their bike. but im having problems.

but. 72cc of honda 2-stroke not taking off.
? am i just running into something?

i figured no way on the dellorto. my taper was making my bike not run if i richened it so.
eventually my 1/4 throttle, was so lean on the needle, they didnt hardly make them. pretty sure carb was cutting out. ?
am i missing something?

that was really confusing

screw it. ill just clean it then throw it in the garbage. too confusing. well. sure its too confusing forf you. GOOD LUCK TO YO*U WITH YOUR JUNK BIKES YOU GOT THAT WOULD TUNE EASY FOR YOU

whatever. ill just wait. you guys aint everybody. i gave more information than you even bothered to read.

it cuts out. what do i do to fix it? why would i clean a brand new jet? or 2?

look my pilots rich. how do i know. the carburetor sat idling and got wet.

thats what i go on tuning on, but whatever for youguys. everytime someone tells me i cant jet i run into that. my carb ends up wet. which tells me the circuit im on is rich. so idle, off throtttle. one is not bothering me, the other is cutting out.

i can rotate, plug in backwards jets, all day long.

now, NEXT!.

sooo like, i go, pilot, next is diameter, and clip pos. lets just asdd that as a variable in every needle jet jetting. L-angle. taper. main jet.

RIGHT , SO, i richenpilot jet. NOPE. raise needle to bottom clip, NOPE. its all the needles i have, i got a cheap kit. JFF needle. oh yea, richen diameter, smaller diameter needle, NOPE.

anybody got any ideas?

had a dellorto too. that i was talking about. same deal. its a little different. can go through it if y8ou want. but. ...

i have a collection of dellorto atomizers now. like ALL of them. NOPE.

HELP!

it dont stop cutting out. im thinking of putting my biek back stock and selling it. cause i wanted to ride a BBK BUT I CANT>

What the hell is wrong with you ? Your not going to get much help if people can't understand what your typing and your multi post rants are making you look like a troll.

Let us start at the beginning, please state your main problem, so we can get our teeth into it.

Posting a multitude of problems will only put people offside and they will not care to offer you help.

Have you ever heard of a leak test, if so perform one and post the results.

was he composing a rap? If not, I would take the whole carb apart and start cleaning everything and make sure all jets and needles are correct and at least make sure the carb is good and clean and up to spec. then since you have the carb off do a leak test.

Well that was an interesting read...

What kind of bike. What mods and what's ur jetting at to get started?

The bikes cutting out? Or is it revving off throttle I thought I read both idk I'm to confused to help. Start with giving us a good nice and clear post explaining the problem u are having and people will help.

i think it time for awk to bring in the bam hammer man....

eeehhh, let the comedy hour continue I:I
but, if i'd re-post the comments he deleted, he'd be gonzo

bahhaaa... Yeah the fumes will do that.... Maybe this will help.

Translate

Actually I'm starting to understand you a little after reading it a few times and hand full of perks.
Like a few have said already, state your mods and lets pick a carb to start with and go from there. We are talking about a blaster right? Im asking because i seen u said something about a scooter. Stick with one carb , let us know your mods and we can help you out.

Last edited:
great.

not much to say, i could tell you im using a 2 pilot jet and it wouldnt really matter.

let me jsut talk about where im at. so i can ggo from there. OHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
anyway. im at idle. runs all day long.

heres an idea of what ive got.

but heres my bike. https://vimeo.com/78228941 can you listen to that, and give me an idea of what its doing down low there?

theres my bike. im confused, becuase 2 carbs so that rules out all variables. of it being too small of a carb. what other by chance variables am i supposed to rule out? there are none.

a path of air flows from one side of an air pump tht you pump fuel mixed with into and air into. and ignites with a spark plug. and come sout the other end.

the bikes sounding like its weak, cutting out, maybe im flooding it. you kjnow i got this dellorto carb. too. you should of seen it.
i think i might of not over richened enough.
like buying extra richenning notches on a needle, by using the size, then using the clip position ot get a few more. the richest and leanest setting. wasnt paying any attentio nto anything else. other jettign positions.

so. maybe if i had richenned. maybe my 1/4 is whats going on. but i thogut i was over richenning it and hiding the off throttle cut out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vid helps a lot, it is apparent that you have no idea how to set the idle.

Clean out the carb, making sure that all passages are very clean, set the float level to specs then proceed to set the idle.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .