Engine trouble

Gibbo

Mar 1, 2017
Ok so this is my first blaster and my last one. Problem after problem with it. I have never got it running right Nd even still woth a different engine it's still not running.

Ok so I bought a second hand engine a vitos 240 is has 135 140 compression. When i got the engine I put it in and it started right away and was idleing fine. Now I got a new pro circuit exhaust new carb new tors new throttle cable.
The old carb used to flood it so I got a new one. Now even with the new carb i think it's still flooding it. If I tip the quad upside down I can see the fuel coming out from the exhaust port. Then when I try to start if after about 20 minutes it starts right up and starts revving uncontrollably.
I can't get my head around it. Fine a few weeks ago and now it's doing this. .

Reactions: Anton Wessels
Flooding could be float sticking, float adjustment bad float needle/seat or O-ring on outside of seat.
Is this new carb genuine Mikuni or cheap knock off ?

Highly recommend a leak down test as runaway engine is clasic symptom of an air leak.

Flooding could be float sticking, float adjustment bad float needle/seat or O-ring on outside of seat.
Is this new carb genuine Mikuni or cheap knock off ?

Highly recommend a leak down test as runaway engine is clasic symptom of an air leak.
Its a koso carb but it was doing the same thing with 5my old carb aswell

Well do you know what the float height is supposed to be ??
If it isn't that then the float, needle, or seat is already bad, or needs cleaning.

Check that the fuel filter inside the tank is still good.

Hi im new so plz bear with me. So Gibbo? Did you check for air leaks? Not just usual ones but from stator side crank seal? It can be that it draws in air there. that would explain the high throtling. Also on clutch side it would suck in gear oil?

lets not forget allllllll 3 brake's that magically wont bleed.......
have a shop look at it and get on with life:eek:
i know i know money is a issue but clearly money is ........"your "..........only option:confused: