engine/swing arm bolt

o4blastie

Dec 30, 2014
Over here By There
What's the trick to getting this booger out, lift up somewhere to release tension to get the bolt to slide out, but not all the way out cuz the swing arm is attached??? Any help on the best way to do this? Thanks.

i have a alignment tool/simular to a punch and a 4 lb hammer.
maybe even put a rod through a 2x4 to hold it better and whack ito_O

it dont twist out
you half to hit it.
others will reply sooon lol

if it is that stuck a regular small hammer is not going to cut it.

No easier way. If it is rusted to the bearing sleeve, it's going to be a royal pain in the ........ to get out. You can spay it down with penetrating oil and let it sit. There will only be two ways to get it out if it remains stuck, beat it out or cut it out.

Reactions: Redblaster
this is a 4lb hammer.Then you need a punch or something lol

the punch i use is 2ft long and dont have a sharp point on the end like a regular punch:)

4lb hammer.jpg

i had to buy the 4lb hammer and alignment tool at home depot to beat out a
really neglected xr100 rear axle.
also had to lay that xr on its side on the ground lol
they make the hammers in diff weights heavier or lighter.
i think the 4lb at home depot was 15-18 bucks/but they do have larger/for more loot
know that i got that hammer it has many great uses that i could not do with a reg hammer.

Last edited:
Holy crap that thing is huge.....maybe I'll try a sledgehammer and block.....I was using an ole' regular hammer.... need something with some weight.....

that pic don't do it justice its much better in person lol:)
mine is a diff brand /got at home depot just found that image on the web.

^^ Yup, that's why I had to do on mine. I soaked it a couple days in pb blaster and had my son turn on the wrench as I smacked it with a big hammer. Once it started to pull through it got real tough again and I used an old ratchet extension. It did take a bit though. Make sure you spray everywhere you can and keep turning it if you can to brake some of the crap loose, then give it some whacks. Keep the nut on it also so you don't mushroom the threads.

When I reinstalled it I cleaned it really well and applied some waterproof grease.

Good luck..

Reactions: speedyslyder
^^ Yup, that's why I had to do on mine. I soaked it a couple days in pb blaster and had my son turn on the wrench as I smacked it with a big hammer. Once it started to pull through it got real tough again and I used an old ratchet extension. It did take a bit though. Make sure you spray everywhere you can and keep turning it if you can to brake some of the crap loose, then give it some whacks. Keep the nut on it also so you don't mushroom the threads.

When I reinstalled it I cleaned it really well and applied some waterproof grease.

Good luck..

i kept the nut on mine/threaded out to get it started/then removed nut to finish the job.