Engine Re-Build Questions

whatever you do DONT use the belray gear saver in the trans, if you do youll be shopping for a clutch very soon.

I apologize for ripping on you, but do the math... Belray (manufactured by whomever) sells hundreds of thousands of quarts of "Gear Saver" oil every year to lots and LOTS of people around the WORLD.
However, one person has a problem with his clutch on a Yamaha Blaster and that oil becomes "Not good oil" and recommends to everybody he knows not to use it because his clutch got glazed. Seriously? Really? Come on now.
Remember that ATF has friction modifiers in it that improve "Grip" in a automatic transmission. My guess is that there was, or is something up with the clutch. Anything is possible. That ATF might be masking a simple problem that needs looked at.

So that I don't give the answer in the question, tell exactly what/how you installed the new clutch.
I don't quite recall how the blaster tusk clutch kits are, but if I remember correctly they don't use the factory clutch wave washer.

But alternating fiber, steel, fiber. All metal plates facing sharp side down. Align dots on pressure plate and inner clutch hub. Make sure the pressure plate is seated and sitting on the fiber plate. Install clutch springs with the tighter side of coils toward the clutch then torque the clutch spring bolts to spec (if I remember correctly 4.3 ft-lb)

Then crack the the 10mm adjustment nut on the pressure plate loose. And adjust the adjustment rod on the pressure plate with your #2 Philips screwdriver. With pressure pushing the clutch actuator towards the front of the engine adjust the the clutch adjustment on the pressure plate until the point on the actuator aligns with the boss on the case. I know what I'm doing I do this for a living. The clutch was installed correctly. I just had a bad experience with the gear saver

I apologize for ripping on you, but do the math... Belray (manufactured by whomever) sells hundreds of thousands of quarts of "Gear Saver" oil every year to lots and LOTS of people around the WORLD.
However, one person has a problem with his clutch on a Yamaha Blaster and that oil becomes "Not good oil" and recommends to everybody he knows not to use it because his clutch got glazed. Seriously? Really? Come on now.
Remember that ATF has friction modifiers in it that improve "Grip" in a automatic transmission. My guess is that there was, or is something up with the clutch. Anything is possible. That ATF might be masking a simple problem that needs looked at.
yes I understand what your saying. Some people love it some people hate it, it's just another stupid oil debate again..

Don't be impatient like me... I mean.. Look at these pics. My username is brapbrapBOOM for a reason. hahaha

Attachments

• blaster damage.jpg
    blaster damage.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 131
  • blaster damage2.jpg
    blaster damage2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 138
  • blaster damage3.jpg
    blaster damage3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 124