engine life

bountyhunter

Dec 24, 2012
Sumner Michigan
Ok I have a blaster that was rebuilt just before I purchased it!
it .020 over what kind of life can I expect to get out of it
it stock and used mostly on trail and in field type riding!
I never run it real hard or hold wide open in top gear for long

Jet it correctly, lubricate it correctly and maintain it well, it should last for years and years.

Leak test it now and twice a season.

Jet it correctly, lubricate it correctly and maintain it well, it should last for years and years.

So if he rides 500+ hrs a year is it the same scenario?Engines life and components should be decided in hours and not years.:D

So, what is your answer? 8-|

Blasterdemon said it perfectly!! Since you felt the need to chime in and ask for an answer but you produce no "answer" yourself.I guess it's tough to get an "answer" out of a donkey.Listen larryjohnjimbob I think you better start trolling someone else.I have seen enough hot air come out of you and your "knock off" comments.Maybe someday we will see a pic produced from you and not just hot air and links but I guess it's hard with a dial up connection.Hows the horses?:eek: Make it your last post coming after me8-|

It's not hard to understand hours are what should decide maintenance intervals.You can put all the years on it you want.But how many hours is what matters. Do I need to answer more? If this op rides say 400 hours this season and his top end blew up would it last years.Nuff Said!!!

He needs to just stay over there on mis fit forum. I don't know why he even comes on here with all the bashing of this forum and its members he does over there. Seems he just wants to be a troll.

Gee such harshness. Only wondered what YOUR opinion was. My answer is that there are to many variables to give a good answer.

Ok, here it is, somewhere between 1 and 1,000,000 hours depending upon all factors. :eek:

With your good folks permission I will rephrase my statement.

Jet it correctly, lubricate it correctly and maintain it well, it serve you handsomly for many hours.

Ok I know that it was a ?? that depended on proper maintance and how it was used and many other factors
was just wandering in a general type thing
I was wandering if there were things like needs rering every so many hour ect..
Again thanks Blaaster I:I

Last edited:
The reeds can be inspected when you do the routine leak tests, provided the stoppers are in place they too should serve you handsomly.

I rebuilt a bone stock 88 this winter. I can't tell you how many hours the PO put on it in almost 25 years, but I can tell you the stock tires were worn out and the second set had considerable wear, brake pads, sprockets and chain had all been replaced multiple times (box of old parts), frame was shot and the plastics had all been replaced. So a lot of use over a very long time. Top end was original bore and piston, with 120lbs compression, and started 2nd kick every time. Pretty amazing really. PO did mention he'd run only Yamalube in the injection, and he had it dealer 'serviced' every couple years.

I have a 2001 motor that's never been rebuilt just new base gasket put in last yr

piston looked new. I run a 28mm carb vforce 3s fmf sst and lucas semi synthetic oil in it

and it runs 118 psi for compression which is right about stock still so regular maintance your engine should last a long time and this motor still runs strong after 12 years I:I