Engine issues, check pics.Cant repost in original thread

kbbrown123

Mar 17, 2009
Henry County GA
Alright, so i had the other thread going with some pics, but it wont let me post again in there. So, i took the rest cylinder off, and found a bigger problem. The piston is trash, the engine looks full of water/oil mixture. IM hoping with time and money it may run one day, but for that to happen im gonna need lots of help from all you aces out there. So anything help, i now how to use a wrench but never attempted rebuild/repair of small engines like this. Im not sure how to go about checking the bottom end but i just need some ideas of what im looking at to get it running.. Anything ya got, give it to me. Here are the pics...

DSCF3509.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF3519.jpg
[/IMG]

whoa that things garbage, well if the motor is out of the bike, drain the tranny fluid and flip it upside down and spray a air hose in there.
shake it around try to get all the peices outta there, if you can and the crank is still good. its a walk in the park from here.
check the connecting rod for play.
does the crank spin?
i cant tell what size that piston is but maybe someone else can.
???????????????

f*ck me dude, that sh*t is f*cked up,lol, ok, split the cases and take pics,you are going to have to do some cleaning on that sh*t,simple green w and clr for the taking the rust and sh*t off, or even better as i reccomend, the diesel.kerosene mix i have been using for awhile, soak it in about 2 gal diesel and 1 gal kerosene, let it soak for a day then take a wire brush and clean the sh*t out of it. also repeat for bottom end, you are probably going to have to replace the crank bearings seals etc, you could just throw a 3 or 4 stroker with a 240 kit if you got the money

hate to tell you dude, but you're gonna have to split the cases. 2 main reasons.
1.) the piston is chewed up so most likely you've got some bits of metal and grindings in your bottom end.....all in the bearings and oil passages and sh*t. you'll need to clean all that out.
2.) the crank looks ok from what we can see from outside the motor, but the connecting rod is rusted the f*ck out! i would NOT recommend trying to clean and reuse a connecting rod that has already started to corrode. if it's got any rust on it at all, the base metal has been compromised and is weaker, that means you might throw your piston through your head or slam it into the crank...
just go ahead and either buy a replacement crank ( i think i might actually have one i could sell you cheap, i'll have to look ) or have it rebuilt w/ a new rod (that's prob more exp than a new crank/rod assy, check on ebay).
in order to split the cases you'll need some special tools: case splitter, crank puller, flywheel puller and a clutch/flywheel holder comes in very handy too.
here's a youtube vid (actually 3 of em follow the links to the 2nd and 3rd vids) that shows you how to rebuild a 2stroke bottom end. the blaster is a little different, but the same basic principle.

Last edited by a moderator: