Engine Burning Oil... White Smoke, options without splitting cases

So i have an engine which holds NO PRESSURE, and when i stick the crankcase breather tube inside water, everytime i pump air into the engine thats where the bubbles form.

i had recently had the crankcase seal replaced.

gotta be that crank side seal or the cases are busted inside between the crankcase and transmission

gotta be that crank side seal or the cases are busted inside between the crankcase and transmission

So either, the seal I just replaced, I installed incorrectly, or there is damage on the inside of the crankcase?

If I remove the clutch cover, and pump air I could check the seal?

So either, the seal I just replaced, I installed incorrectly, or there is damage on the inside of the crankcase?

If I remove the clutch cover, and pump air I could check the seal?

yes, you can spray the seal with soapy water to see if it is leaking.
the bushing that goes inside the seal could be worn and leaking

A leak that occurs at that seal, comes out through the breather tube?

yes, the pressure travels thru the clutch cover, in thru the openings that allow oil to flow between the clutch cover and the actual transmission case, and out the breather tube

yes, the pressure travels thru the clutch cover, in thru the openings that allow oil to flow between the clutch cover and the actual transmission case, and out the breather tube

I read that although rare, there is another seal on the balancer shaft (if i read correctly) it still requires splitting the cases, but it could be that one also? Also the collar slipped in quite easily when i installed the crank seal.... Maybe just the collar??

all i know is the leak is big enough not to allow to pressurize, and to think i was running it like that oh man!:eek:

don't run it until you locate and fix it.
spray the seal and collar with soapy water and try pressurizing it again.
i don't believe there is any other seals beside both crank seals that can cause an airleak from the crankcase.
the balancer shaft housing is blocked off from the crank area, unless busted by a shattered piston, or worn bearing causing a wobbling balancer
no seals require splitting the cases, only removing the clutch and stator covers. all seals are located under them, not inside the actual case halves.

you do know to not go over 7 psi with the leakdown tester ?

don't run it until you locate and fix it.
spray the seal and collar with soapy water and try pressurizing it again.
i don't believe there is any other seals beside both crank seals that can cause an airleak from the crankcase.
the balancer shaft housing is blocked off from the crank area, unless busted by a shattered piston, or worn bearing causing a wobbling balancer
no seals require splitting the cases, only removing the clutch and stator covers. all seals are located under them, not inside the actual case halves.

you do know to not go over 7 psi with the leakdown tester ?

There is another case seal that is inaccesible from the outside (to spray with bubbles). It's between the crankcase and the balancer shaft area. Leaks there are rare but they can happen. Unfortunately, it means you have to split the cases to reseal them.

I was referring to that ^^^^ which i read.

yes i read not to go over 7 psi and did not on this motor which i am working on, however on another engine i kinda pressurized it to 10 psi, did i do anything to it? only lasted about 30secs. That was the one that was leaking from the head (copper) gasket i had talked about earlier in the thread.

i went crazy and have like 4 blasters, 5 engines and got a little overwhelmed, just trying to do everything right.

yes i read not to go over 7 psi and did not on this motor which i am working on, however on another engine i kinda pressurized it to 10 psi, did i do anything to it? only lasted about 30secs. That was the one that was leaking from the head (copper) gasket i had talked about earlier in the thread.

i went crazy and have like 4 blasters, 5 engines and got a little overwhelmed, just trying to do everything right.

it'll possibly blow the seals out by over pressurizing it, 10 psi is prolly safe ?
you'll know when you leaktest again

and................

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicivicdude
There is another case seal that is inaccesible from the outside (to spray with bubbles). It's between the crankcase and the balancer shaft area. Leaks there are rare but they can happen. Unfortunately, it means you have to split the cases to reseal them.

ah yeah, not on a blaster there isn't................
2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200N CRANKSHAFT & PISTON Parts, 2001 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200N CRANKSHAFT & PISTON OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

link me to where you found that, so i can delete it if it refers to a blaster having a seal at the balancer