Engine build questions

Wood24

May 28, 2015
im about to start ordering parts to rebuild a blaster I just bought with a bad bottom end and had a few questions that maybe some of yall call answer or help me with setup.
I'm gonna run a 3mil stroker, head rechambered, pro circuit pipe which it came with, getting flywheel cut down. Am I going to need to run a bigger carb doing this and if so what size do I need to bump up to. If there any other suggestions that would be awesome as well.

well to know jet size we need to know the exact carb you are going to run

because depending on the "bigger" part of it, you could run a 145 to 320 jet size haha

be sure to leak test the motor. if you have a leak there are chances you will do another rebuild before the year is over(if you dont fix it that is)

im not worried about jetting yet is stroking it and milling the head gonna require me to go up in carb size.

no. different pipe might be helpful to have a larger carb. but the fmf will be fine with the stock carb.

also look for other opinions as i have never run a stroke with stock carb vs. larger

Stock carb with a stroker will be fine. You should have a nice amount of torque with the pipe,head rechamber, +3, and stock carb.