Engine Bogging

slimeee

Jun 28, 2014
Blaster starts an idles fine let warm up and as soon as i go to ride it bogs and dies. Only thing that changed was a a new exhaust gasket at the cylinder to header. Has a new top end and no air leaks. Would this gasket cause the bogging?

Tors completely removed stock jet boyesen power reeds uni air filter witj air box lid on. Not sure about parking brake? Didnt even know a blaster had one? Its a 93? And speedyslider yes its a p
ain in the arse! It seemed to run fine until after i did a leak test. Is it possible i have the reeds top and bottom switched the power reeds are different. Top and bottom?

What pressure did you use to do the leak test?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 326
Did you do it this way?

View attachment 11706
I pumped the motor to 6 psi had exhaust plugged and it remained steady at 6 psi no loss. I did take the flywheel and stator off to loctite the bolts that mount stator plate, I think the timing is off now? This would definitely cause my problem? Where does the line on the stator plate line up to?

Are you still getting spark?
Yes it starts and idles fine but when i start to ride it starts bogging and dying. Seems like its runnimg too rich not enough air. Before i did the leak test and removed stator it ran fine, Didnt bog down at all. Is it possible the timing off? I just screwed the plate on didnt try to line it up. Thought it jus svrewed in? Or do i have the power reeds top and bottom reversed?