Elecrical help

O

oklawdog

I just bought a 1990 blaster and there is no spark. It appears that the key switch was removed and just wired around. I did the same with the oil tank and I unplugged all the tors stuff. I have replaced the cdi the coil and stator assy. Now when I did one of the stator coils I put it on backwards at first so did I burn it out when I triied to start it? I since have fixed this and resoldered it in the right way. Still no spark. The only thing not replaced is wiring harness and voltage regulator. Any suggestions from anyone?

doubtful its the coil... they dont work like that... a coil is a coil is a coil is a coil... its a wire wrapped around an iron core, that will produce voltage when magnetic pulses are applied to it.. simple. now, with that being said, are you sure you correctly removed your tors system? if you dont do it right, it still wont allow spark to occur... oh, and did you replace the ignition coil? the pulse coil on the stator may be bad also... was the atv running at all before hand? gimme a few more details and ill work you thru it. be specific as possible too.

No the machine wasn't running. I unplugged the tors control box as well as throttle plug and carb plug. The coil has been replaced and the cdi box as well as stator coils. Now what i was saying is i installed one of the stator coils backwards and I caught this today. I took it off and resoldered it on the right way. Did i burn it up or just ruin it by trying to start it? I haven't replaced voltage regulator or wiring harness. I get no spark or no flicker from the headlight. It appears that the previous owner took off the key switch and just plugged the wires together. Any suggestions?

the power coil is the one I originally installed backwards

Figured it out Brand new cdi was bad.

I'm having almost the same exact problem....only difference is mine was running before I switched the motor and everything to the new quad..... did you have power coming to the cdi from the engine thru the black/red wire before you replaced the cdi? was any power coming thru the cdi before you replaced it? maybe both of my cdi's are bad