Easiest Polishing Technigue!!!

Blasterb0y794

Feb 4, 2008
New York
Ok over the weekend i was in the mood for some polishing, such as my grab bar front bumper, exhaust and some other little things. I went to walmart and found THE BEST polishing cream ever. I had recently bought one of those polishing wheels from sears for like $15 bucks hoping to polish every thing up all nice but i soon found myself polishing for and hour and it didnt even look nice, to tell you the truth i think it looked worse but anyways this polishing stuff takes about 3 minutes and it looks flawless!I:I Its called MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polish,i got if from walmart for 4 bucks. To polish my stuff i put a pretty good amount on, just rubbed it all over and right away you should see this black stuff coming of, that stuff makes it look all sh*tty, but what i did was i rapped an old cotton t-shirt around and just pulled it and after a couple times it was awesome looking. The cream looks like this...

101_0365.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

trust me this stuff is amazing!!!!

awesome, will this be okay to use on a chromed exhaust? my toomey is in sad shape and I want to make it shine like a mofo I:I

edit: btw can you post a before and after pic of something? thanks =]
if it's too much just nvm but it would be nice :p

yes u can! i have a toomey exhaust too it was getting dull looking for winter rdining but now it looks better than it ever was so yes it safe. ill try to get a before and after

I have used this religously since I can remember... theres no shine like mothers. I use their full line of products for aluminum, chrome, plastic , paint whatever, I have used it one every thing from my blaster to the R1 the harley the sandrail my T/A to the girl freinds Jeep...... no mothers mag and aluminum is not right for your toomey although it is safe to use it is not the proper application,,, and NEVER use chrome polish on aluminum. If it were me i would start with something like neverdull and then go for some mother chrome polish mabey even start with and S.O.S if its real bad... I dont find the polishing balls worth it I do all my polishing by hand """ beleive me I have logged in some hours"" but if nuthin else get ya a buffing wheels on an airdrill then buff it off by hand... If you want to know if it is right for your app. just rub it on,,, if it dose not turn real black after a short period of buffing. Stop it is not right for that app. mothers is fairly new to the general public but got started in my area, when i started buyin mothers it was sold from a small mothers polish outlet in elkhart IN. where it was made... around the time it started gettin popular they closed down their outlet and I thot O sh*t there go's my great polish but a buddy of mine found where we could get it,,, now you can buy it at your local meijer. I use to have to catch a ride 45 min. away to get this stuff when i was a kid, I am picky though.

yeah ive seen that mothers stuff at walmart before i think im gunna pick some up this weekend. ive been using something called turtle wax on my plastics after washing and drying my plastics. its used in cars to protect plastic surfaces and to restore the color. its a spray and its worked great for me the past month or so.

Turtle Wax - Super Protectant

Machine polishing metals

I have been machine polishing aluminum tanks and wheels on my semi trucks for years. A cut on wheel as deep as 1/4 inch can easily be buffed out as well as road blasted stainless steel. You can buy these supplies at most truck stops and crome shops. Cutting and buffing is a 3 step process.You will need a Makita high speed disk grinder or equivalent buffer. You will also need three 8 in. buffing wheels. red, blue and white. They sell for $ 15-19 each. You will also need three jewelers rouge bars, red for cutting, green for polishing, and white for a mirror finish. They sell for $ 10 each. The first step is to cut with red wheel and red rouge. If the surface is pitted deeper than 1/8 in. than sand out with 150 grit emery. Second step is to buff with a blue or yellow wheel and green rouge. And the final buff with a white wheel and white rouge will turn aluminum into a mirror finish that is equal to chrome. If your on a tight budget, go with just a yellow or blue wheel and green rouge. Using this process it is easy to even buff weld out of the corner of steel so that it looks like a moulded one piece or casted item. I can be more specific or provide a video if anyone would like to learn the fine art of cutting, burning and polishing any metal, as I have been doing this for 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used this religously since I can remember... theres no shine like mothers. I use their full line of products for aluminum, chrome, plastic , paint whatever, I have used it one every thing from my blaster to the R1 the harley the sandrail my T/A to the girl freinds Jeep...... no mothers mag and aluminum is not right for your toomey although it is safe to use it is not the proper application,,, and NEVER use chrome polish on aluminum. If it were me i would start with something like neverdull and then go for some mother chrome polish mabey even start with and S.O.S if its real bad... I dont find the polishing balls worth it I do all my polishing by hand """ beleive me I have logged in some hours"" but if nuthin else get ya a buffing wheels on an airdrill then buff it off by hand... If you want to know if it is right for your app. just rub it on,,, if it dose not turn real black after a short period of buffing. Stop it is not right for that app. mothers is fairly new to the general public but got started in my area, when i started buyin mothers it was sold from a small mothers polish outlet in elkhart IN. where it was made... around the time it started gettin popular they closed down their outlet and I thot O sh*t there go's my great polish but a buddy of mine found where we could get it,,, now you can buy it at your local meijer. I use to have to catch a ride 45 min. away to get this stuff when i was a kid, I am picky though.

Thanks for the advice, I've got some aluminum stock that needs to be polished and some rims ect. that need to be brought back to life. I've heard that if you are starting from some aluminum that has had paint on it to start with some 0000 steel wool which is what I've done and has brought it a long waise, I just needed to know what polish to grab.