dune blaster setup

slickgib

Dec 17, 2009
Ok. i have a 93 blaster..its my girls bike. i want to give this thing some more balls. currently its a stock cylinder with a fmf pipe and carbon fiber reeds and a stock carb. we all ride banshees. but sense she is a small girl 5'5 125 lbs i dont want her riding on a banshee because she isnt experienced enought for that bike.. we mostly ride the sand dunes . i want to know what are the best mods-prices so i can give this blaster some balls...I:I

mill the head port the crap out of it, and get rid of that fmf pipe for a dynoport. that will get u atleast 30. which i would think is plenty of popwer for someone that small. and if u have the extra money toblow, then strok it with a 4mm wiesco crank

im looking at getting one of thoese 28mm pwk carbs are they any good?...what size is the stock one?

stock is a 26mm. a vitos 3mm will be fine. no case trenching with a 3mm. 4mm needs cases trenched. i say ditch the fmf pipe, keep the reeds. have the head redone. (not milled down, rechambered) port the cylinder for a 3mm stroker crank. kennedy power was selling kits for around 500ish i think. guranteed 30+hp dyno tuned setup. you'll need a bigger carb also. he will probly tell you a 34mm. contact angus with kennedy power.

depending on whats done to your shees, i dont think she'll be keeping up with you guys, but that will help. 30 hp is nearly double the stock hp.

im looking at getting one of thoese 28mm pwk carbs are they any good?...what size is the stock one?

i have just a regular 34mm keihin carb and works great for me, but if i were u if u were to get a carb, go with an air stryker carb from keihin. i have heard good things from those.

P&P-Talk to one of the builders on here (wildcard, flotek, kennedy) They all do nice work. Look into a 30-32mm carb. These range in price from $50-150+ Also talk to the builders about getting the head milled. Ditch the fmf and get a real pipe that will give you some better power (powerpros, trinity, f7, dynoport) These pipes run about $300+ Get a pod filter for the dunes to let that baby breath! Get a hot rods or wiseco +3 +4 mm crank and grab yourself some v-force 3 reeds. The reeds run about $120-$130. Again, this is all about how much your willing to spend.

I assume you're running paddle tires?, they eat power, so the first thing I would do is regear it to 13/41, the FMF pipe is ok, get a K&N filter with an outerwear and loose the air box lid and rejet.

I assume you're running paddle tires?, they eat power, so the first thing I would do is regear it to 13/41, the FMF pipe is ok, get a K&N filter with an outerwear and loose the air box lid and rejet.
if you run a heavy paddle tire, they WILL eat power. if you run a skat trak paddle....they are much much lighter, and allow for better floatation, and dont require as much power to turn them.....

getting more pwer is easy. you gained it a good deal with a new pipe. less weight, not nearly as restrictive as a factory pipe. it pretty much all up hill form here. you want more power...any of these ideas will give you that. it all depends on your budget, and how you set it up...set up is key....