Dt parts blaster build

hola ..muy bueno el blaster ya lo habia visto en youtube .que caja de velocidad es mejor la del dt o la del blaster .no se si se entendera yo tengo la del blaster

Yo no hablo español, pero esto es lo que me da Google Translate:
I do not speak Spanish, but this is what Google translate gives me:
hi .. very good the blaster had already seen on youtube. that gearbox the dt is better or the blaster. not be understood if I have the blaster

Triplecrown is using the Blaster gearbox with the DT200 cylinder in the Blaster.
The DT200 gearbox has a wider spread. The jump from first to second gear is a big one. First gear is much lower, and sixth gear much higher. Better if you want much higher speeds. Triplecrown has not used the DT200 gearbox in the Blaster, but he and I have both driven the DT200 motorcycle many miles.

Neil has at least one DT200 transmission still in the case. He might be willing to sell it if someone wants it?

Steve Best

Sounds Sweet , Nice And Fast Build Too , I was Trying to find a Dt online to buy the top end off of and swap to a blaster bottom end , Looks like it for sure makes allot more power than dumping cash into the blaster top end !

Sounds Sweet , Nice And Fast Build Too , I was Trying to find a Dt online to buy the top end off of and swap to a blaster bottom end , Looks like it for sure makes allot more power than dumping cash into the blaster top end !

Triplecrown and I are convinced we can get the same power out of an aircooled Blaster engine as a DT200.
Right now we are very, very close. Differences are:
1) the aircooled engine will not stand full power for very long before it gets hot. Liquid cooled has more "heat soak time".
2) No power valve, DT200 has potential of more low rpm torque IF this is connected.

The ongoing project...

229206_10150236712600803_5649659_n.jpg

We actually got a new and improved seat in the bucket-o-parts for this old girl.

165928_10151004865015803_1856405604_n.jpg

Sweeet ! , I Either need to put money into my motors , or find a Running motor to swap in my frame , My poor Blaster has been sitting way too long !

Sweeet ! , I Either need to put money into my motors , or find a Running motor to swap in my frame , My poor Blaster has been sitting way too long !

Well, my son is not a rich guy and one thing he likes about the Blaster is it is about as cheap an engine to work on as you can find. Less than $200 for a new crank, $100 for a piston kit, $35 for gaskets and $50 for a hone (we own our hone). Rebuilt!

You want fast? Buy a re-chambered head and stick a second gasket under your cylinder, set your quench (squish) distance by filing the head and you are flying. I don't know what the head goes for (did our own) but I'd say less than $150 if you supply the head.

Neil just built a Blaster motor for a friend from a box-o-parts in a couple of days. Cost was about $400 for new Wiseco crank, piston, bearings, and all. This was a completely stock rebuild but you can pop the cylinder or head off of these air cooled motors in minutes. Seriously. He can drop the whole motor out of the bike in 15 minutes. Awesome simple machines to work on. Great learning machine.

A day earlier this was all pieces in a box, a day later, Blasting down the trails!
223859_10151810251345442_483070639_n.jpg

you have 3 different motors?? cant make one from the 3>?

Yes I Can Actually , I Only Have One Set Of Good Cases , 2 Good Cranks And 0 Pistons , All 3 of my jugs needs either a Hone or a bore , I Have My Pro circuit head pipe but no Silencer , I also need a Flywheel puller and case splitter , So needless to say I gotta fork out cash on any way I go !

2yltp2h.jpg

this picture was takin on the 6th of this month so 9 days ago we sanded down the frame for paint. keep in mind this is about 3 days before i even brought the engine onto the building bench. lol it was a wild 10 days but we had this bike out tonight and it worked AWSOMEEEE. it is crazy to think that 2 weeks ago this blaster was litrally a frame 1 A-arm a swingarm and a rear shock THATS IT. the guy in the pic BEST uploaded is the owner and he bought 1 by 1 every part he needed and i built it for him. this bike was a true goner as it was used and abused and we brought it back to life. :) feels good. i always seem to suck at getting before pics tho.

an example of the stuff i was dealin with
qyxu0j.jpg

here where im from my friends refer to me as the Blaster Master :p is that good or bad :-/
amp5oj.jpg

we have more frames ready for building why stop??
i love my hobbie and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Yes I Can Actually , I Only Have One Set Of Good Cases , 2 Good Cranks And 0 Pistons , All 3 of my jugs needs either a Hone or a bore , I Have My Pro circuit head pipe but no Silencer , I also need a Flywheel puller and case splitter , So needless to say I gotta fork out cash on any way I go !

A flywheel puller is $20 at our local bike shop. I got the fancy "T" shaped muti one for about $35 I think. Our case puller is 2 long (100mm?) M8 bolts and a piece of flatbar (1"x1/2"x4") with a center hole tapped for a pusher bolt (1/2"NF thread) ground to a point. Works on everything, Briggs, KTM, Honda, you name it.

The case Neil is working with right now is his original from a couple years ago.
As received, it had major broken piston skirt damage, a 1" hole in the bottom, metal missing from both halves and a crack into the gearbox. We repaired it with Fiberglass and JB weld, building up about 1/4" of JB weld re-enforced with the fiberglass sheet. This was done with the engine apart and filed the part line smooth (not just a "plug up the hole" job) to seal.

Found the thread: http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-mods-swaps-129/jb-welding-holes-45887/
This has lasted a couple years of hard use now.

2e5qpzs.jpg

Yup, it is going to cost some cash along the way, but as motorsports go, this is one cheap machine to run. Sounds like you need a piston and a muffler. About $200?

Yeah I need some parts and Tools that's for sure , I Can't Find a Local Place near me that Sells the flywheel puller , And I don't Have a Credit Or Debit card so I need to Buy a Walmart visa card so I can purchase online , I Had a debit card but my brothers workers were too lazy to drive 30 mins to my bank to deposit my check , after 3 months of Inactivity they closed my Account , Sorry for the rant it just brought back memories when I was Stuck out of state and had to get money wired to me , But Yes I Need a Piston kit , Silencer , Air filter cage , And A few other misc pieces , What sucks is i Have the cash to put into it

Yo no hablo español, pero esto es lo que me da Google Translate:
I do not speak Spanish, but this is what Google translate gives me:
hi .. very good the blaster had already seen on youtube. that gearbox the dt is better or the blaster. not be understood if I have the blaster

Triplecrown is using the Blaster gearbox with the DT200 cylinder in the Blaster.
The DT200 gearbox has a wider spread. The jump from first to second gear is a big one. First gear is much lower, and sixth gear much higher. Better if you want much higher speeds. Triplecrown has not used the DT200 gearbox in the Blaster, but he and I have both driven the DT200 motorcycle many miles.

Neil has at least one DT200 transmission still in the case. He might be willing to sell it if someone wants it?

Steve Best
Hey bud! I was wondering if I could use the Blaster 1st 2nd and 3rd tranny gears and 4th, 5th and 6th Dt? I have my Dt motor out and cases split so I could get the crsnk rebuilt and the cylinder ported by Ken, I shipped it to him last week