DT 200 top end

zmaro

Dec 7, 2010
MN
Can somewhat easy to just put a DT top end on a blaster bottem end? I have read that there is room for a water pump in the blaster cases, so it wouldn't be nessicary to buy a DT bottom end? I would obsiusly need to add a radiator and wiring, but would everything have to be DT for the liquid cooling to work, or can you use blaster cases with the DT top end? I know this has probably been asked, but I can't find anything with the search.
Thanks for the help

from what ive heard, it is a direct bolt on swap. you just need to find a radiator and a place to mount it. but imo, an air cooled bike is more reliable. if youre riding on a trail and you blow a hose or something, bye bye radiator fluid

You need the bottom end as well for the water pump drive, as well as the machined engine case...Also there is different gearing used to drive the water pump.

I found this: "The top end is completely different because of the DT's liquid cooling but the top will bolt on to the Blaster cases without modification. Even though the Blaster engine is air cooled it still shows its roots as evidenced by the rubber plugs covering the coolant lines that aren't needed on its generic water pump case."
so it sounds like it could bolt right on?
Yamaha YFS200/DT200 - Yummie Yami, Upgrade The YFS; To Be The Best

I have a dt top end in my stock cases. You need the cylinder, head, dt 125 water pump and its cover, radiator, and hoses. If you cant find the dt125 water pump, u need the dt200 clutch and crank gear. To put the prmary gear you need to make a bushing for the clutch